[Ponte Alto] Baronial travels

Drogo Dragonara drogod at gmail.com
Sun Sep 22 13:38:09 PDT 2013

Greetings unto the Best Barony in the Known World,

Last week found Us at the Battle on the Bay in Storvik.  Those who have
been to Croom park before will be jealous to learn that the temperatures
were in the low 70's with a light breeze and very low humidity.

The event was a lot of fun.  The Baroness was able to march Baron William
out of Court in chains to make up for his misdirection of the Barony at
Pennsic.  The Baroness had more surprises though, as the King and Queen saw
fit to induct her into the Order of the Opal and the Queens Order of
Courtesy .

That wasn't the end of the awards.  Armegaerdj (from Roxbury Mill) who many
of you know from Our camp at Pennsic was also awarded an Opal.  Baron
William was inducted into the Order of the Pearl.  Not to be outdone by
William Baroness Sorcha was elevated into the Order of the Laurel for her
Brewing.

The fighting was lots of fun, according to everyone that was fighting and
people are looking forward to next year.

Yesterday We traveled off to Bacon Wars.  The Baron spent the day
marshaling both the armored and rapier battles of the day.  The primary
battle was a cart (filled with pigs) battle.  The sides were split and the
objective was to get the cart back to your own resurrection point.  The
interesting part was not being able to move the cart if enemy combatants
were within reach of the cart.  Armored and Rapier both took turns (3
rounds each two time for a total of 6 battles) playing on the field
afterwards the field was split for some tournament and free play.

The Baroness got to practice with Her bow - the targets were bacon strips,
and examine the A&S entries (lots of bacon).  At the end of the day there
was a feast with a big pig and lots of bacon.

The day was a lot of fun although the drive back in the torrential rain was
not something to remember.

We plan on attending the following events coming up:
Coronation
War of the Wings
Chalice of the Sun God

We hope to see lots of you there (especially at Chalice!)

--

Drogo and Adina
Barone e Baronessa di Ponte Alto