[Ponte Alto] Melee/War practice

Drogo Dragonara drogod at gmail.com
Fri Mar 22 17:06:55 PDT 2013

We have the last in a series of melee/war practices this Sunday.  It
starts at 10am for Heavy and at noon for Rapier.  It's at Tyson's
Pimmit Park (our regular place - see the website for details).

>From Sir Joselin d'outremer:
Our final winter Northern Regional Melee practice will be held on
Sunday, March 24. Attendance has been solid at the past practices, but
let's all work together to have as many fighters as possible this
time. Defending the Gate is the following weekend, and all us would
like our baronial and household units to knock off the last flakes of
rust before the official start of the melee season.

The rain I'm seeing in the forecast looks to be coming later in the
day, so we should be good for both the heavy and rapier practices.

Armored combat starts at 10:00 a.m. promptly and will stop by noon.
Please plan on arriving no later than 9:40 to ensure you are armed in
good time. Folks who have participated in these practices in the past
can tell you: we do start on time. This is just a practice, so there
will be no MOLs, waterbearers, etc. Rapier melee practice begins at
noon and will run until 2:00 p.m.. We highly encourage crossover
fighters to participate in both practices! Our friends from the
Central Region, Bog, Rome, and Chux are of course encouraged to attend
as well. Plan on fighting the whole time with only brief breaks.

Practice will run rain or shine unless field conditions are positively
dangerous. Any cancellation will be posted by 8 a.m. on the day of
practice.

--

Drogo deDragonera
Brewer and Baron of Ponte Alto