[Ponte Alto] Volunteers needed for demo for kids!

Elspeth Payne ebpayne at yahoo.com
Thu Mar 7 10:49:57 PST 2013

I am forwarding this per the excellent request of our most excellent Chatelaine, Lady Rayhana.  This sounds like such fun!  - Baroness Sorcha

From Lady Rayhana:

Hello Good Gentles,

The Barony of Storvik is organizing a demo for the Laurent Clerc National
Deaf Education Center, in Washington DC.  The Middle School (Grades 6-8) kids have been studying various aspects of Medieval History throughout
this quarter, including research projects, literature and history
lessons. They are hoping to have some of our member come out and
demonstrate different aspects of medieval life and history. In effort to organize this demo, we are reaching out to all to find the people to
help with the following areas:

·       Armor – Knightly virtues
·       Fiber Arts – we are looking for someone who spins linen, wool
·       Cooking
·       Calligraphy & Illumination
·       Heraldry
·       Games
The demo will be held on March 21, 2013 from 12:45 pm to 3pm. Parking passes will provided for volunteers. There are about 25 students in total. We are looking for people who are good with
children. Please contact me at chatelaine at storvik.atlantia.sca.org or 407-902-5400, if you would like to participate.

Yours in Service,

Rayhana bint Yusuf
Mka Lea Ann Alonso