[Ponte Alto] Highland River Melees

Drogo Dragonara drogod at gmail.com
Mon Jun 3 16:48:04 PDT 2013

Greeting unto the Best Barony in Atlantia - Ponte Alto!

What a weekend at Highland River Melees.  It was hot.  Then it was wet and
Hot.  Then it was hot some more.

But hot is OK, because everyone was having so much fun!  To start things
off, Lady Jadwiga Wlodzislawska was at the event showing off her Tapestry
for the SCA 50 year celebration.  The pcitures at the website do not do it
justice as the tapistry wraps around three walls of the display tent in two
rows.  (see: http://carrotkhan.webs.com)  For those who haven't heard of
this, it is a history of the SCA done in the style of the Bayeux Tapestry.

There were, of course, lots of melees.  Heavy melees (The Baron almost got
hit with a balista) and rapier melees.  There was plenty of archery too.
Their Majesties were also in attendance and Her Majesty distributed her
favor to those Atlantians in attendance who would fight for the Kingdom.
At the end of the day there were many hot, tired, thirsty and happy
warriors.

There there was the brewing competition.
Children's: won by Oliver and Sebastian (3 and 4) of Ponte Alto, who made
their own (quite tasty) sharab - no really, their mom didn't do it for
them, they really made their own.  (It was a cold infusion technique, no
fires were involved)

Best overall: won by Aine of Ponte Alto with her breakfast espresso stout
(who was undoubtedly helped by Brannon who couldn't be there).  While the
judges thought the stout was quite excellent, the Baronessa found her
favorite to be the nut brown ale.  The Baron is fairly convinced that the
fact that the labels all said "Another Fine Prodict of Ponte Alto" help a
great deal!

Inter-group competition: won by the Barony of Ponte Alto.  There is a fine
gift basket with plenty of excellent items to be divided, so if you
participated let the Baron know so you might receive your share.

Lastly there was the Baron-Baron-Baroness-Baroness competition: won by the
Barun and Baronessa of Highland Ford, congratulations to Our cousins.

We are so proud of Our Barony!  We will have to get on the Baron and make
sure he works harder for next year.

For those who didn't make it We are sorry you missed so much fun and hope
to see you soon, for those who did make it, We thank you for your
participation and assistance over the weekend.

--

Drogo e Adina
Barone e Baronessa di Ponte Alto