[Ponte Alto] Fwd: [MOAS-L] Sing three songs at Pennsic!

Kristin snarlingbadger at gmail.com
Wed Jul 10 04:21:24 PDT 2013

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: "Lara Coutinho" <orange at indy.net>
Date: Jul 9, 2013 9:13 AM
Subject: [MOAS-L] Sing three songs at Pennsic!
To: "The Ministers of Arts and Sciences" <moaslist at seahorse.atlantia.sca.org

Greetings to my fellow Ministers of Arts and Sciences!
I've just stepped up to serve as the MOAS to the people of Windmasters'
Hill, so I hope that if this is an incorrect use of this distro list,
someone will correct me gently.

I'm assisting Their Majesties with a small project for Pennsic where they'd
like to encourage the use/learning/performing of three particular songs
they love.  Their intent centers around spreading the joy of music, so I'm
hoping you all might be willing and able to spread the word about this
project.  They have been performing these three songs of the lovely bard
THLady Ambra Michelli of Trimaris, and I've posted a web page with links to
the songs' lyrics, downloadables, and recordings to help people quickly
find the resources to learn and perform these songs.

If you wish to pitch in and assist, please spread the word to your local
communities and especially the singers you know.  I've included below the
text to the post I just made to the Merry Rose, and you're welcome to FWD
it, edited as you see fit.

Thank you very much for your attention and support!  I hope if you find
anyone taking up this challenge, you'll let TRMs know!
Yours in service,
Sophia the Orange

Greetings Atlantia!
As many of you have noticed by now, Our Most Glorious Majesties, Amos and
Ysabella, are avid supporters and performers of great music!  By
participating in bardic circles, singing at feast, and actively encouraging
performers of all kinds to come out of the woodwork, our beloved King and
Queen have been leading the way in connecting the populace with the joy of
music throughout our kingdom.  These efforts are extending to the fields of
war with a project they have designed for Pennsic.

Having grown to love and respect the musical works of the bard known as *THL
Ambra Michelli* (Samantha Moore), Their Majesties have become enchanted
with three of Ambra's songs that they would like to encourage the learning
and performing of at Pennsic.

His Majesty Amos has been singing two of Lady Ambra's songs at bardic
circles during his reign, *"Argent and Azure"* and *"Atlantian
Steel."* His hope is that these songs may be heard often at bardic
events throughout
Pennsic this year.

Her Majesty Ysabella will be singing *"Who Serve The Soldiers"* with as
many ladies as wish to join her to offer favors to the fighters. (Contact Her
Majesty directly to get the day and time of her procession to the field
where you can join her.)

A completely *unofficial* web page has been posted to facilitate finding
the resources to learn these tunes for those interested in expanding their
musical experience at Pennsic:
https://sites.google.com/site/atlantiaperformers/home/pennsic-42-music.

Whether you are an experienced bard or just thinking that maybe you would
like to try singing with like minded folk, this Pennsic project will put
you in good company!  Lady Ambra's music is extremely accessible, easy to
catch on to, and will touch any SCAdian's heart.  If you need any help at
all, please do not hesitate to reach out to myself (orange at indy dot
net), Lady Ambra via her web page, or Ambra's producers at Raven Boy Music
(links are all on the web page above).

NOW GO SING!!

Yours ever in service,
Sophia the Orange