[Ponte Alto] Baronial Happenings

Drogo Dragonara drogod at gmail.com
Tue Apr 9 19:54:51 PDT 2013

Greetings unto the Great Barony of Ponte Alto!

We have been fairly busy of late and plan on a busy few weeks to come.

This last weekend found us with several other Pontoons at
Kingdom Coronation where King Amos and Queen Ysabella were crowned.  Vivat
Atlantia!  There were all manner of activities:  melees, shopping, archery,
12 tables full of A&S, tournaments (there were ransom tournaments to raise
money for cancer) and more!  As if all those activities weren't  enough,
there was a fabulous feast to fill ones belly, and afterwards there were no
fewer than 5 Pontoons helping clean up in the kitchen.  That generous
behavior is what makes Our Barony so great and why We brag to our cousins.
 Thank you all who helped out over the day.

The week before Coronation found Us in Steribach for Defending the Gate.
The Baron used His spear and bill to some good effect in the battles of the
day.

Next week will find Us at Night out of Town, a day filled with Rapier
tournaments and melees.  We hope to see many of you there!

As a reminder, Pennsic registration is open and the Baronial Encampment had
been registered.  Please remember to register your tent(s) on the Baronial
Website as well (http://pontealto.atlantia.sca.org/pennsic/) if you are
camping with the Barony.  We are still looking for a land agent.  If you
are interested please contact the Baron.

Registration is available for Ruby joust as well (
http://caermear.atlantia.sca.org/Ruby/gemjoust.php)

For those who may be interested the Baron will be teaching a class at
Sergeants and Scholars (Intro to Beer Making).  We hope to see many
Pontoons there as well.

In Service to the Barony,

Drogo e Adina
Barone e Baronessa di Ponte Alto