[Ponte Alto] Pennsic - Possible move of Atlantian Royal site

Robert Capozello afpopa at yahoo.com
Mon May 21 05:55:31 PDT 2012

This was recently posted on the "Atlantian Insider" Facebook page, but I think it bears repeating here for those who do not have access.  FYI, N40 is a new camping block just above N30 (where the RVs used to park), so it will be extremely close to where Ponte Alto traditionally camps.  Bonus!  :-)

-- Marcellus

This just in: Atlantia has been offered the opportunity to move Atlantian Royal away from it's traditional spot next to the highway to N40. This is not a decision Their Majesties wish to make without consulting Their populace, and They are seeking feedback from Atlantia about the decision. The encampment has the distinct advantage of being not next to I79, as well as being in an area near where at least 6 groups of Atlantians camp, including Dun Carraig, Highland Foorde, Stierbach, Windmaster's Hill, Black Diamond, and Ebonwoulfe. If you have useful input, or good reasons why this is a bad idea (true reasons, not just resistance to change), please contact Their Majesties at trm at atlantia.sca.org. They must sign the treaty by June 1, so time is of the essence.

Very few Atlantians actually camp in Atlantian Royal, for various reasons. The current location is next to I-79, and is constantly saluted by traffic going past in the form of horns and air brakes, making it difficult to have a conversation, much less hold court or other social activities. Few Atlantian groups (whether Baronial, Shire, or Household/Individuals) seem to camp near the current Atlantian Royal site, but Atlantian Royal is vastly underused. It is believed that a change in location would help to make the encampment more appealing to Atlantia's denizes.