[Ponte Alto] Tidings from Crown Tourney and Tir-y-don Investiture

Drogo Dragonara drogod at gmail.com
Thu May 10 19:52:56 PDT 2012

Unto the Great Barony of Ponte Alto do We send greetings!

We were recently at the Investiture of Tir-y-don and had a fabulous
time.  There were all kinds of competitions (the Baronessa even got to
fire of a few arrows), lots of food and libations and rain.  Mostly
the rain was light and stayed away so it was a fun day.

During court the Baron had the opportunity to accept awards on behalf
of two fine Pontoons!  Simon Grimstone was inducted into the order of
the Opal fir his fine works here and in Stierbach, and Gwenivere was
made a Lady of Atlantia with an AoA.  Congrats to you both!

At Crown Tourney we had the great and grand pleasure of having three
Pontoons entering the list: Cunian, Marie Therese, and Lucas.  All
three made an excellent accounting of themselves, fought well and
honorably and made their Baronage and Barony proud.  Thank you to all
of you.

Over all the day was fabulous, and the weather held - no rain!  It was
great fun to visit and see so many from Ponte Alto at the event, as
well as the help with setting up the NEW Baronial Day shade.  Many,
many thanks to our former Baron and Baroness, Ranulf of Waterford and
Caitlyn O'Duirnin for their generous donation!

At court the new Prince and Princess, Vladimir and Kalisa, took their
place and were looking great, even if Prince Vlad had just recently
finished fighting some really tough and incredible fights.  Their
Majesties had some fun at Mistress Belphebe's expense when they asked
her to stay on as the principle for the order of the Pearl (ask her
about it, it was quite funny).  Lastly the winners were announced for
the Pearl Promenade, and while many prizes were given away, the grand
prize winner for the Most Events  during the Atlantian 30 year
celebration was none other than Baronessa Adina.

We look forward to seeing many of you at upcoming events, especially
at Ruby joust and  Highland River Melees!

In Service to the Barony and the Kingdom,
Drogo and Adina
Barone e Baronessa di Ponte Alto