[Ponte Alto] Fw: [AtlantianLaurels] Atlantian Book of Verse

Belphoebe belfebe at yahoo.com
Thu May 10 08:18:45 PDT 2012

Forwarded by request.

----------------------------

Please cross post to your local e-mail list.

Greetings to the Baronies, Cantons and Shires of Atlantia,
My name is Lady Katarzyna Witkowska.  I am the new Poeta Atlantiae.  I am embarking on a new project to feature poets from all over the Kingdom.  To that end, I am asking each branch to select one poet from their group to send a poem to be featured in a book called “The Atlantian Book of Verse.”
The poems should be written in a period style.  The subject may be any medieval person, place or event.  The poet is introducing us to that person, place or event in verse.  Poems should be no longer than will fit on two 8 ½ x 11 sheets.  Please keep a 1 1/2” border on the left to allow for binding.  The page should include the title of the poem, and the author’s name and branch.
Once you have selected your poet and poem, have the poet, or a scribe, produce the poem in calligraphy that suits the time period and provide illumination for the work.  Illumination does not have to fill the entire border but should be appropriate to the subject of the poem.  The work should then be sent to me with a separate page indicating the name of the poet, branch, calligrapher and illuminator.
The poems will be made into a book and sold around Atlantia as a fundraiser for the Kingdom Travel Fund.  The original pages will be bound in a book and presented to our Prince and Princess upon the occasion of their coronation.  A standard release waiver will need to be signed by the poet and scribe.
The deadline to submit poems is August 31, 2012.  I would appreciate it if the coordinator for your branch could drop me a line with their contact information.  If you have any questions, please contact me at poeta at atlantia.sca.org
Yours in service,
Lady Katarzyna Witkowska
Poeta Atlantia

Reply to sender | Reply to group | Reply via web post | Start a New Topic Messages in this topic (1)
Recent Activity:
Visit Your Group

.