[Ponte Alto] Fwd: [MR] Night Under The Town, Fighting fighting fighting

Adina adinavdh at gmail.com
Mon Mar 19 13:38:18 PDT 2012

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Alric O'Connor <alricthemad at gmail.com>
Date: Mon, Mar 19, 2012 at 2:53 PM
Subject: [MR] Night Under The Town, Fighting fighting fighting

First, Please cross post as you see fit

Do you like fighting? I like fighting. If you like rapier fighting you
probably should come to Lochmere's Night Under the Town, March 30th at Elk
camp Barrett, near Crownsville MD (where the MD Ren Faire is held)

Symone de la Rochelle and I have a very busy day planned for you.
MOL opens at 9AM, Authorization start at 9:15AM sharp. If you need an
authorization contact one or both of us off list so we can anticipate
numbers.

The first fighting will kick off at 10AM as a way of getting the two teams
settled and used to working together. at 10:45 we will take a break for the
signing of the Tontine, a contract in which the final survivor will take
home a chest of goodies. If you wish to participate you must bring
something to donate to the chest. It doesn't have to be an extremely
valuable possession, a length of trim, a hand full of nice beads or buttons
works, the true prize is the chest itself. If you don't want to participate
we'll find something for you to do. Trying to win the Tontine will be more
interesting however.

After we finish the signing and we've taken a look at the teams we will get
started with fighting in the woods. First will include combat archery so
bring your bows. After that is concluded we will take a break highlighted
by a Free Scholar prize. Then at 1:30 it's back to the woods for 90 minutes
of a resurrection flag melee. We will swap positions at the 45 minute mark.
we are making some changes from previous years so everyone gets a good
workout on both sessions.

Some where around 3:30 - 3:45 we will finish the day with a  grand melee in
the town of Smeewick. Seems some of you don't want to wait the 20-30 years
for your compatriots to kick off so you can be the last survivor so you
take matters into your own hands. Of course brawling in the streets is
illegal so don't get caught by the constables. Last survivor that is not in
jail wins the prize.

So, the simplified schedule looks like this:
9:00 AM MOL Table opens
9:15 AM Authorizations
10:00 AM Team Building Exercises
10:45 AM Town Muster