[Ponte Alto] Highland River Melees - aka Ponte Alto Rocks!

Drogo Dragonara drogod at gmail.com
Thu Jun 7 07:48:41 PDT 2012

Greeting unto the Fabulous Populous of Ponte Alto!

Highland River Melees was a great place to be this past weekend.  The
weather (after a frightful thunderstorm early Friday night) was in the
mid 70's and partly cloudy.  It was so much better than Ruby Joust.

The day started early with Their Royal Majesties putting Barun
Siegfried Sebastian Faust and Baron Jonathas Reinisch on vigil to
contemplate becoming members of the Order of the Pelican.  This did of
course cause some logistical problems with the populace brewing
competition since Barun Siegfried was supposed to be one of the
judges.  Fortunately Baronessa Francesca was available to fill in!

The day was filled with all kinds of fun: fighting both heavy and
rapier, arts and science classes, archery and of course a little
brewing competition.  Your Baron sacrificed Himself to judge the
nearly 50 entries for the populace competition along with Baroness
Sorcha and Baronessa Francesca, and the Baronial Poison Testers were
quite put out.

That evening in court there were a few awards made, as well as the
elevations of those set on Vigil, and a number Pontoons received
awards.

First up was Lady Elisande who received the Coral Branch!
Our Baronial Archery Champion Naran won a handcrafted arrow in the
period bow archer contest
Lady Giovanna won the experienced tablet weaving competition
Lady Aneka took the novice tablet weaving contest
Our Baronial Brewing Champion Aveline was awarded a prize for the most
distinctive beverage

It seems that Another Fine Product of Ponte Alto is the quality of our
brewing!  The Barony of Ponte Alto won the populace competition for
the second year in a row!  If you entered the competition please
contact the Baron as He has prizes to hand out to all participants.

Your Baron did not win the B-B-B Best Brewing competition as that was
won by Baroness Sorcha, also for the second time in a row.  I'm sure
the Barony will be pleased to know that the Baron did place in the top
three...

Thanks to all the Pontoons that came out to Highland River Melees and
thanks for all those who one contests or received awards, you all who
how much fun and what great talent we have in Ponte Alto!

Now all we need to do is win that Chalice of the Sun God thing...
--

In service to the Barony and the Kingdom,
Drogo and Adina