[Ponte Alto] Fwd: Uniquitites Fiber Farmers' Market

Kristin snarlingbadger at gmail.com
Tue Jul 17 15:47:29 PDT 2012

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: <hockhouse at aol.com>
Date: Jul 17, 2012 4:24 PM
Subject: Uniquitites Fiber Farmers' Market

 Stay cool this Saturday, July 21, from 1:00 - 5:00 p.m. at Uniquities
Fiber Farmers' Market!  *Join us at the Vienna Community Center, 120 Cherry
Street, SE, Vienna, VA 22180 for another fiber filled afternoon! Our market
features a unique selection of yarn, roving, and other fiber supplies from
local vendors and fiber producers. Admission is free!*
*There will be something for everyone! Hand-dyed yarn and roving, spinning
wheels and tools, and more! Uniquities will be featuring new kits and new
yarns. Otto & Joanne Strauch will be at our table demonstrating their drum
carders and swifts. We will also have new fibers and colors from some of
our favorites including Sweet Grass Wool, Frabjous Fibers, and Pagewood
Farms!*
**
*Seats are still available for the Spinner’s Circle!*
* Reserve a seat in our Spinner’s Circle for spinning inspiration and
camaraderie! Bring your wheel or spindle and join other spinners as you
relax and enjoy spinning in our fiber-filled atmosphere. $20 reserves your
seat for the entire event, 1pm to 5pm.*
*
*
*Our bake sale this time around will support Project Knitwell, a non-profit
started by two local women to bring the joy of knitting to those in
stressful situations. They are in several local hospitals, teaching health
care professionals, patients, and family members of patients to knit in
hopes of soothing away stress and tension. They have had a very successful
program so far, and we are proud to give 100% of the bake sale proceeds to
Project Knitwell! We will also have charity kits available for you to
purchase to donate to those needing to learn to knit through Project
Knitwell.*
*
*
*July 21st, 2012 Fiber Market Vendor List:*
*Avalon Springs Farm:* We are a small farm in Mt Airy MD; we produce wool,
mohair, llama, and alpaca blend products of: locks, roving, felt, and yarn.
Our latest endeavor has been new patterns and knit kits. *
www.avalonspringsfarm.com*
*
*
 *Celestial Farms:* Natural and hand-dyed, lanolin free, and hypoallergenic
Llama yarn, and wool/llama blends. Will also have homemade soaps and
homemade hot pepper jam, watermelon jelly, and sweet pickled watermelon
rinds. *www.celestialfarm.webs.com*
*
*
 *Central Virginia Fiber Mill:* Hand-dyed 100% Alpaca yarns, felted batts,
and art batts. *www.centralvirginiafibermill.com*
*
*
 *Dancing Leaf Farm:* Hand-dyed yarns, hand-spun yarns, and hand-dyed
roving. Handmade fused glass buttons. *www.dancingleaffarm.com*
*
*
 *Lawre’s Laine: *Hand-made tote bags of fabric and leather, a large
selection of needle and hook storage items, and the opportunity to create
and order your own custom bag! Also, check out the zebra bags! *
www.lawreslaine.com*

 *Mt. Airy Farm:* Cormo, CVM, Mohair, and Angora roving, yarns, and locks.
Natural as well as hand-dyed yarns, roving, and locks. Raw fleece available
upon request. *www.mountairyfarms.com*
*
*
 *Solitude Wool:* Wool, breed-specific yarns and fiber – natural color and
hand-dyed yarns and roving made with wool from their own and other small
farms in the Chesapeake watershed region. Breeds include: Border Leicester,
Corriedale, Coopworth, Cotswald, Dorset, Finn, Icelandic, Karakul,
Montadale, Romney, Shropshire, Suffolk, Targhee, and Tunis. Special for the
Fiber Farmer’s Market: A few washed fleeces and dyed locks for spinning and
felting. *www.solitudewool.com*

  *The Spanish Peacock: *Hand-made exotic and domestic wood drop spindles,
supported spindles, spinning accessories, and fiber arts tools ***New
Vendor! www.spanishpeacock.com*
*
*
*Three Bags Wool *&* Waterford Wool:* Wool roving, batts, yarn, and felted
items from Icelandic sheep, plus kits and hand-spun yarn.
<http://%20www.threebagswool.com/>*www.threebagswool.com<http://%20www.threebagswool.com/>,
www.waterfordconnection.com/waterford-market/ *

  *Wild Hare Fiber Studio:* Hand-spun and hand-dyed artistry! Offering a
full range of products for spinners, including hand-dye luxury fibers,
gradient dyed top, and blended art batts and roving. Also hand-spun yarns,
both wild and tame, handpainted knitting yarns, and felting supplies. *
www.wildharefiber.com*

  *Wool N’ Quilts:* Fleece, yarns, rovings and goat milk soaps from our farm
Hope to see you there!

Caroline
*
*