[Ponte Alto] Fwd: The Known World Arts & Sciences Display

Kristin snarlingbadger at gmail.com
Fri Apr 27 07:03:35 PDT 2012

Lady Bevin an Broc Drannach
(mka Kristin S. Moran)
<http://kristinsmoran.posterous.com>

*please note that the on-line registration ends July 14th.  There are
several advantages to registering on-line, and I highly encourage you to do
so.*

The Known World Arts & Sciences Display

  Artisans and Craftspeople are once again invited to display their effort,
talents & knowledge in the 15th annual Known World Arts & Sciences Display
on  Monday, August 6th, at the Pennsic War.

 This is not a competition, and it is not always finished items.   Some are
works in progress, and some are just representations of what someone knows
and does. Often, as people come and look, they see that what you do is
something they might want to start investigating.   For both the people who
display and the people who come to see, the most valuable part is being
able to talk to others who have the same interests, and sometimes more
knowledge in a field.   You might be able to share some knowledge or
resources with others who are displaying!
 Photos of some items from the past couple of years are up at
http://s300.photobucket.com/albums/nn7/SleepyUnicorn/  , filed under
sub-albums of the Pennsic Year of the Display.
 *      Online Registration will end on July 14th.   There will be an
express check-in for those who have pre-registered online.
 *      Table space will be assigned to those who pre-register on-line, in
the order they are received, as we cannot guarantee space for everyone.
 •       Barn space is divided by Kingdom, thus allowing the Royalty,
Peers,  and Populace to see the efforts of their Craftspeople more easily.
 •       Set-up begins at 8:30 am, and we end at 3 pm.  Everyone must have
their objects/displays out by 4 pm., when I hope you will help me take down
 all the tables and return the barn to its empty state.
•       Only tables will be provided, although some are picnic tables.
 Please bring your own chair, displays (even tables).
 •       There is a limit of 9 sq ft a person (not per item).
 •       You are not required to be there, and if all you can do is a part
of the day, I still thank you for sharing your knowledge. However, please
have someone to watch your items when you cannot be there.  With a couple
of hundred people displaying, we cannot watch the items, and cannot take
responsibility for them.
 Thank you!  Being able to organize this for you is such a joy.
 THL Rowena ni Dhonnchaidh