[Ponte Alto] Highland River Meles

Drogo Dragonara drogod at gmail.com
Mon Jun 6 21:52:17 PDT 2011

Live from New York it's... Monday night?!!?

Well, I had to run off to NYC.

We just wanted to say that HRM was a fantastically fun time.  Of
course winning the inter-baronial brewing contest was just fabulous, I
can't help but say it was really great to see the Barony pulling
together to get the Baronial day shade down when the weather
threatened to turn foul and blow it away.  My most sincere thanks to
all who helped, it really shows what a great Barony we are and how
helpful we can be.  Between both the day shade and winning the
inter-baronial contest We couldn't be prouder.

We would like to especially extend Our appreciation to  Brannen an for
coming in best of show at his first SCA event!!  VIVIAT Ponte Alto,
VIVIAT  Brannen!  And yes Brannen, you can keep your name, it just
means we will need to distinguish between the two of you (easier in
writing than speech).

We would also be remiss in if we did not mention Lady Elisande, and
her wonderful concoctions that pushed us over the edge and help Ponte
Alto win the inter-
Baronial brew off.  If you get a chance, she has made the most
wonderful sweet waters - a category of medieval beverages that We were
previously unfamiliar with, that are both tasty and refreshing!

Now, of course, we will have to defend our title next year so start
thinking of tasty things to enter next time around.  I don't think we
will need the 95 gallons we had this year but a few samples for a
competition would be great!

We cannot express just how proud We are of Our Barony, both in the
generosity in getting the day shade down, and in the skills presented
in the competition.  It just shows, once again, that we have yet
"Another Find Product of Ponte Alto" to show the world!!

Brimming in pride,
Drogo and Adina,
Barone e Baronessa di Ponte Alto