[Ponte Alto] A note before leaving for PENNSIC...

Brannen brannen at gmail.com
Fri Jul 29 07:52:53 PDT 2011

Travel safe and have an amazing time, all of you.

We'll be waiting for stories upon your return...

Bran

On Fri, Jul 29, 2011 at 10:49 AM, Adina <adinavdh at gmail.com> wrote:

> Greetings Ponte Alto!
>
>   We are well on our way to getting it in gear to leave for Pennsic!  We
> are planning to make the Battlefield in time for supper this evening (but we
> all know about best laid plans ....)
>
> Opening Ceremonies will be Sunday, at 1pm and we invite everyone to come
> and process in with us (we will likely be leaving PA Camp around 11:30 - to
> be at the Atlantian Pavillian by 12:00).  We are specifically looking for
> our Champions and four sturdy Pontoons to carry a (very light weight) fly as
> we process in.  We would like to show our colours.  We have also found some
> black and gold tabbards (again, light wight) that can be thrown over garb as
> we all process - if you like.
>
>   We challenge everyone to do some act of volunteerism - it helps the
> experience for all (and it's a populous war point).   If you can give blood
> and are willing to do so, the Blood Drive will be Friday (5th) and Monday
> (8th).
>
>  Her Highness is doing the Atlantian Archery shoot on Monday (muster at
> the Atlantian Pavilion at 9am),  and I would like to invite all Ponte Alto
> Archers to come with me and shoot our War Point Monday, in support of
> Atlantia and Her Highness.  Please come by the Baronial encampment for more
> specific information about anything - or nothing, we will be happy to see
> you!
>
>   We invite all to come and see our Champions fight in the Heavy and Light
> tourneys - wearing smiles (and sunscreen of course!) and remember our
> Archers on Wednesday.
>
>   With everything that is on your schedule this war, please keep room open
> for Baronial Court on Thursday - there will be munchies and merriment; and
> Atlantian court on Wednesday (6pm).
>
>   I am hoping to do a Weed Walk (not Monday) and a shopping trip (Midnight
> Madness was suggested but I think a more leisurely excursion on Tuesday
> might also be in order).  His excellency is doing the Known World Brewers
> Round Table as well as several Martial activities.
>
>   Any who would be interested in retaining, stop by or otherwise contact us
> for when you would be available.  We are particularly interested in inviting
> folks (retainers or not) to Process with the Barony in Opening Ceremonies.
>
>   Come by the Baronial encampment for more specific information about
> anything, as plans are always subject to change, or nothing, as Pontoons
> and  visitors are always welcome, we will be happy to see you!  Be safe and,
> above all, Have Fun!
>
> --
>   Adina
>
> Baronessa di Ponte Alto

The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are
injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there
are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
-- Thomas Jefferson, Notes on the State of Virginia, 1781-82