[Ponte Alto] Fwd: [MR] Seeking Volunteers for the Known World Children's Fete

Drogo Dragonara drogod at gmail.com
Fri Jul 8 14:59:23 PDT 2011

FYI, from the Merry Rose.

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Emeludt Hänsler (Emmie Smith) <youth at atlantia.sca.org>
Date: Fri, Jul 8, 2011 at 6:12 AM
Subject: [MR] Seeking Volunteers for the Known World Children's Fete
To: atlantia at atlantia.sca.org, keep-request at windmastershill.org,
society_youth_forum at yahoogroups.com

Greetings! (please feel free to cross post this missive)

We are seeking the help of volunteers with this years Known World
Children's Fete at Pennsic. The Fete will be on August 11, 2010 from
1:00pm to 4:00pm at the Barn. Can you sing a song, dance a jig, paint
a face, smile and laugh a lot, color a picture, have fun or any sort
of other activities? Then we could use you.

We are truly in need of individuals or groups that can offer their
time to run and/or sponsor activities (arts and crafts, games,
dancing, supplies, prizes, etc.). Some of the popular activities are:

   Face painting
   Foam sword play
   Storytellers
   Jugglers
   Puppeteers

Last year, the then king of Caid helped for the entire Fete where his
armor and his crown - the kids loved the chance to "fight" a "real
king."  I would love for the kids to be able to have similar
experiences this year to help add to their memory of Pennsic 40, as
they are able to "fight" a knight, a fighter, or a royal peer in their
armor (or parred down armor)

We are also looking for volunteers to:

   Assist with the sign-in for the children.
   Persons to help endure the other volunteers are getting water and
other refreshments
   Fete security to ensure registration/sign-in and safety.
   Assistance with set-up and/or break-down.  Set-up is at 12:00 p.m.
AND break-down is at 4:00 p.m.

You do not have to be there for the entire 3 hours... but any help you
may offer would be greatly appreciated. Last year we had approx. 440
children in attendance, and we may see many more this year! The Fete
is great fun. If you want action and excitement, this is the place for
you!

Please continue to encourage and promote participation in the
Children's Fete! If you will be at Pennsic, but you had not previously
volunteered with the Children's Fete this year, we are asking you to
please reconsider.   Also - volunteers are strongly encourage to wear
pink at the Fete... this makes identifying the volunteers easier for
the parents and it continues the tradition of wearing Her Grace's,
Duchess Arielle, favorite color - pink.

Thank you for your time, effort and consideration in this matter and
the fete as a whole!  The day of the Fete all volunteers can speak
with Mistress Alesia, who will be running the Known World Children's
Fete at Pennsic this year.

--
Yours in Honor & Service to the Youth,

Herrin Emeludt Hänsler
     Chancellor of Youth - Kingdom of Atlantia
     Chancellor Minor - Barony of Windmasters' Hill
     Known World Children's Fete Coordinator, Pennsic 40
     Youth Point Coordinator, Pennsic 40

Visit the Kingdom of Atlantia Youth Activities Website
Have a day of fun, laughter, and friendship... Volunteer to help at
the Pennsic 40, Known World Children's Fete

Drogo deDragonera
Brewer and Baron of Ponte Alto