[Ponte Alto] Fwd: [MR] Camping at Atlantia 30 Year

Drogo Dragonara drogod at gmail.com
Wed Aug 31 13:20:23 PDT 2011

For those not on the Merry Rose

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Janie Darby <briana491 at gmail.com>
Date: Tue, Aug 30, 2011 at 11:31 PM
Subject: [MR] Camping at Atlantia 30 Year
To: Atlantia maillist <atlantia at atlantia.sca.org>,
announce at seahorse.atlantia.sca.org

Greetings unto the list,

I have had a request to clarify camping at Atlantia 30 Year. When we set up
preregistration, we thought we were doing so in the same manner used for
Sapphire Joust, but it appears that we did not succeed in communicating that
intent.

Preregistration for 30 Year guaranteed the availability of two things:

  1. Purchase of the lunches and dinners being provided by Baron Chirhart
  and his crew.
  2. Preregistering to camp with a group. Camp size allocations were based
  upon the number of people/tents preregistered with that group.

If you did not preregister, you may NOT purchase meals on site. This
decision was made because we are not cooking the meals on site, and Baron
Chirhart needed to know how much food to prepare.

However, not preregistering to camp does not preclude you from camping. We
have plenty of camping space available in singles camping. In addition, as
it became obvious that there had been some confusion, we decided to spread
out the camps among the main camping area, with empty space between each
camp. If you missed registering to camp with a group, you may join them if
they have room, or camp near them.

While the site is primitive, we will have hot showers. The water on site is
well water, but is potable.

I apologize for any confusion, and hope we have not chased anyone away who
was planning to come.

Baroness Briana Maclukas
Autocrat, Atlantia 30 Year

Drogo deDragonera