[Ponte Alto] Traffic Warning for those attending Newcomers Meeting

Robert Capozello afpopa at yahoo.com
Thu Aug 18 02:55:29 PDT 2011

This may or may not affect us, as the closure ends at 4PM...

@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@

Good Afternoon All,
I’m sure most of you are aware of
theAmerica’s 9/11
Foundation Tribute Ridewhich will pass through Northern Virginia on its way to
Washington D.C. this Friday afternoon.  This monumental ride has 1800+
motorcyclist stretching approximately 15 miles in length who are riding across 6
states, including Washington, D.C.  The riders will reportedly enter Virginia at
approximately 2p.m. on Route 15 in Leesburg and will be headed to I-66 eastbound
(via Route 7 and the Toll Road). Eastbound I-66 will be closedfrom the
Capital Beltway to Route 110 in anticipation of their arrival until
approximately 4p.m.
Please assist us in making the public fully
aware of thesignificanttraffic impacts anticipatedresulting from the delays and subsequent road
closures.
Please view the attached WTOP article for
additional information and the biker’s route list.
http://www.wtop.com/?nid=41&sid=2499718
Thank you,
Lauren C. Mollerup, P.E.
Virginia Department of