[Ponte Alto] Tournament of the Golden Rose

Drogo Dragonara drogod at gmail.com
Tue Apr 19 21:19:25 PDT 2011

Greetings Pontoons everywhere!

The Tournament of the Golden Rose turned out to be an interesting
time!  We had dire threats of bad weather, almost a fatality for a day
shade - hopefully easily repaired, and the high and variable winds
that Our Archers just love :)

Overall the day proved to be an excellent example of pageantry,
chivalry and an exceptionally high quality of fighting.  During those
periods when I wasn't Marshalling in the heavy list I also was lucky
enough to be able to watch Our Rapier fighters (far more often than
you would think - we had 9 marshals in the heavy list).  Really, it
was a fantastic treat to observe the courtesy and skill displayed by
ALL the fighters from Our Barony - it made Us proud to be a part of
this fantastic Barony.

After the tournament was complete the Queen gave out a few awards.
Please congratulate Lord Uilleam Gillecrist Ross on his AoA.  Mistress
Cunien is also to be commended on her efforts.  The Queen was quite
smitten with the Spike on her helm and awarded her the Banner of
Pageantry.

Our thanks to everyone that came to the event, we had a bunch of folks
there!  It was lots of fun and really great to see everyone.  We just
feel lucky that we didn't get hit by the tornado that ripped through
the trees on I-64 at Williamsburg and hope to see folks at the new
comers meeting Friday.

Heavy practice on Sunday was also fun.  We had twice as many armored
fighters there as the previous week, the weather was perfect for
fighting and if you weren't there you didn't get a change to play the
new Baronial Game:  Break off a piece of the Barons Armor.

In service to the Barony,
Drogo and Adina
Barone e Baronessa di Ponte Alto