[Ponte Alto] A&S activities

elizschr at aol.com elizschr at aol.com
Thu Oct 14 22:24:24 PDT 2010

just finished a completely hand-stitched Bocksten tunic.

made several items inspired the turn-of-the-millenium Finnish grave known as the "Eura" find
spiral bracelets
prototyped in felt a knife sheath ... will eventually make in leather or gilded leather.
Made decorative metal spiral danglies for the handle of the fan I carry in the knife sheath (fan, not knife because public transit doesn't allow weapons)
finally finished the brass spiral-decorated wool apron that many people will remember from A&S afternoons in winter 2007/2008
started a toiletry kit ... finished the toothpick, tried and failed at the ear spoon but will try again soon, looking for the right brass stock to make the tweezers
half done with a wool tunic ... a "Eura dress" that takes a unique approach to "rectangular" construction.

Kirik went to metalsmiths symposium and made several needles including the one I'm using to a new hat for him in wool herringbone twill with contrasting wool herringbone-stitched seams.

My son (Mark Kirikson) and I played flute and upright bass with the dance group in Storvik in September.

Regards,
Beth Schreiber/Lady Lisbet of Spinning Winds, Companion of the Torse

Gee ... the full name and title sound stuffy ... make that "just Lisbet"