[Ponte Alto] newcomers interested in fighting

Rich Manzano rich_manzano at yahoo.com
Tue Mar 2 07:52:44 PST 2010

Your Excellency and Lady Emma,

Sir Guy has been (quite correctly) haranguing us on the Scholum site to be thinking about ways to  recruit new Atlantian fighters. I know that at most of the recent new comers meetings there have been folks who have expressed interest in strapping on armor and getting whacked with rattan. But I've yet to see any of those folks at Thursday night practices where Strykar is doing actual instruction (being without armor, I've skipped Sunday practices so maybe a few of them have showed up for that?). Could we start playing beating the drum for those interested newbies to actually start showing up? Jane and I are the only novices receiving the benefit of Strykar's Yoda-like wisdom currently and it would be nice to have some other trainees with which to work. Don't know if they're laboring under the misconception that they have to be fully kitted out before they can show up (Novice training requires nothing more formidable than sweats and a whiffleball bat for
 the first 6-8 weeks) or if this just the normal recruiting challenge of getting prospects to transition from "interested" and willing to hang out at a Friday night meeting to "signed up" and attending fight practices and novice training. If I can help in any way, let me know.

Tancred / Rich