[Ponte Alto] St. Aiden's Melee College/National Zoo Demo: Two great chances to fight!

Jude theObscure xgreenjudasx at yahoo.com
Fri Apr 2 10:09:08 PDT 2010

Greetings Atlantia!

The grass is finally green-ish. The robins are singing in the trees, and across our fair land little fighters are shaking off their winter slumber and popping their heads out from their armor shops, grumpy, and looking for something to poke or swing a stick at.

Two great oppertunities for fun and combat in the Barony of Storvik are coming up in May: The St. Aiden's Melee College and the National Zoo/Guppy Gala Demo!

Information for both St. Aiden's and the Zoo Demo are below.

If you have questions regarding the demo, please contact Syr Richard at: syrrichard[AT]yahoo.com

If you have questions regarding St. Aiden's Melee College, please contact Lord Kollack von Zweckel, Email: Kenneth.Kepple[AT]cms.hhs.gov & Baron Abel Brem, email: Abel.sussman[AT]gmail.com

Please feel free to pass this announcment along to anyone who hasn't had enough rattan to eat lately. You'll get all the stick you can stand at St. Aiden's.

Yours in Humble Service,
Sayyida (Lady) Ysoria Baska, known as the Depraved

St. Aiden's Melee College
May 15- 16, 2010
Barony of Storvik - Upper Marlboro, MD

The Order of St. Aiden has teamed with the generous Barony of Storvik, Jewel of Atlantia, to host a day of melee combat to prepare the Kingdom for our summer campaigns. Last year we had clear skies, warm breezes, and a a full day of melee and classes, so don't miss the oppurtunity this year to meet and beat friends old & new! New for this year, camping, so get a full day of fighting in, and a full evening of "No, sh*t, there I was" stories under the summer stars.

Bring your band of brothers and test them against the Order of St. Aiden, for they will accept all open field challenges. It's a melee college: will you school St. Aiden's, or will St. Aiden's school you?! There's only one way to find out!

Event information can be found here:
http://acorn.atlantia.sca.org/event_flyer.php?event_id=97cb51db

Heavy combat, rapier, seige! All day fighter friendly day board!

Send in your reservation to ensure that the fighters have enough to people to beat, and everyone has enough to eat. Contact Lady Tirzah MacCrudden (Evelyn Brady) LLTirzah[AT]gmail.com, to let us know you're coming.

Also, don't forget the National Zoo/Guppy Gala Demo, May 14.

>From Syr Richard:

Where: the National Zoo
3001 Conn Ave NW
Washington, DC

When: May 14, 2010
6pm-8:30pm

What: to display our arts for an abundance of children and their parents! We were allowed to put on a fighting demo last year and we need a few armored gentles to demonstrate the combative arts, again. This year I would like to mix in Rapier if we could have a Marshal and a couple of fencers. As always any static arts displays or demonstrations would be welcome. Let me know if you are coming and if you would like tables or chairs provided by the Zoo. Please bring any banners and dayshades you can to decorate the area and the Zoo will provide a few portable hoples to reward those who pitch-in. The cost is free and the rewards are great in the dazzling smiles and eager questions of the guests!