[Ponte Alto] Tourney of the Lily

egeorges egeorges at cox.net
Sun Nov 8 13:07:47 PST 2009

Next Saturday, on the 14th day of November, Master Kevin of Thornbury and
his puissant Defenders will stand against all challengers in honor of
Maestra Giuliana Salviati.  The Barony of Ponte Alto welcomes all the
populace of Atlantia to see the feats of arms that will occur this day, to
enjoy the performances of Atlantia's finest bards, musicians, and
storytellers, to partake of a delicious feast, and revel in the pageantry
and beauty of the day.

As the autocrat, I am pleased to present the schedule for Tourney of the
Lily:

9:00 a.m.  - Gate opens (Gate house)
10:30 a.m. --  Tourney of the Lily Procession begins (Heavy Weapons field)
11:00 a.m. - Rapier activities begin (Rapier field)
1:30 p.m. - Performer's Hour begins (Heavy Weapons field or Pavillion if
weather disagreeable)
3:30 p.m. - Court (Pavillion)
5:00 p.m. - Feast (Feast Hall)

Some notes regarding the event:

The Tourney is a Pas d'Armes, with a high premium placed on pageantry and
pomp.  Bring your spiffy armor and garb, have a herald ready to trumpet your
might (or "rent" one onsite.), bring an entourage to process in with you
(particularly kids..there will be a special focus on children in the
procession).  Traditionally, a pas d'armes was supposed to be a
demonstration of showmanship as well as fighting prowess, and too much is
never enough.  Bring your best, it's part of the fun!

Don't forget about the A&S Competition!  There will be an Autocrat's Prize
for the best 15th Century Italian item in display around the Heavy Weapons
Field.  Those who wish to enter may pick up a token to mark the item in
display around the list field.  Any item may be entered - armor, banners,
glassware, garb, headgear, anything at all.  Just mark it with the token and
it will be judged.  Documentation is a plus but not necessary.

PERFORMERS!  Be sure to sign up for the Performer's Hour!  Do not miss this
opportunity to share your gift with us.  Bards, musicians, storytellers ,
comedia troupes, performers of all kinds are all welcome!  Lady Swannoc is
coordinating the schedule. Email her at derweasel at webtv.net

There is cabin space available, and feast space as well.  Feast has been
scheduled early specifically to accommodate families with smaller children.
If you intend to camp onsite, please make sure you reserve in advance, as
cabin space is limited.

Troll will be open Friday night in the feast hall for those travelling and
camping onsite Friday night.  For those camping, be aware that we request
that cabins be vacated no later than 10:30 a.m. Sunday morning, to ensure
that we can return the camp to the Park officials by their deadline.  Please
assist us by respecting this deadline.

FOR PONTOONS LOOKING TO HELP OUT:

-- Caitlin is organizing waterbearers for both fields.  If you would like to
help out, please email her at mentoni at msn.com

-- Our gate keepers (aka trolls) could always use assistance.  Email Celia
Rosedale at psallite703 at msn.com if you want to help out.

-- if you have a big voice and you're curious about what it's like to be a
field herald, then the head of our "rent-a-herald" program would like to
talk to you!  Be a part of the fun on the list field!  Email her at
herald at pontealto.atlantia.sca.org if you would like to help.

-- We always need strong backs and willing hands to help with both set up
and break down.  That means Friday afternoon after 3 p.m. and Sunday morning
starting promptly at 9 a.m.  We have to have the camp back to rights and
ready to return to the rangers no later than 11:30 a.m.  Many hands make
light work, and BTW, I like to feed my workers well.   Email me at
scalucia at cox.net if you can join us to help.

We look forward to seeing you next week! I know that there is a lot of
excitement leading up to this event, and there is a great possibility here
for Ponte Alto to really shine.  Come be a part of it.

In Service,

Luce Antony Venus
Autocrat, Tourney of the Lily