[Ponte Alto] We are the Gatekeepers (but who is the Keymaster?)!

Max Nelson maxntropy at att.net
Sat Mar 28 19:15:51 PDT 2009

Unto Ponte Alto, Scholum Artis Bellum, and Friends does Maximilian Von
Halstern send glad tidings:

This afternoon at Defending the Gate -- a Greater Ponte-Alto team
consisting mostly of Ponte Alto newcomers (e.g., Daniel, Theresa, Kat)
critically supplemented by the deadly arms, strong backs, and wise
tactics of our very good friends from the Central and Southern Regions
-- did prove victorious in the melee tournament hosted by our allies
and neighbors in Stierbach (for those may keep track of such things, I
believe we may have even been undefeated in the day).

While the melee team was busy at the Gate, the Ponte Alto rapier team
was apparently also sticking it to our foes, and similarly proved
victorious on their field.  Given the success of our teams (and
whatever similar success those of us who entered the A&S might have
achieved), the fine people of Stierbach and Sudentorre decided that
Ponte Alto clearly won the day and thus declare us the "Defenders of
the Gate" and awarded us not only the individual tournament prizes,
but also the annual "Allies Gate" cementing allegiance with Sudentorre
(and allowing us to paint our Arms on the gate as those who have
previously proven victorious have done).

Thus, would I like to congratulate our newest fighter, Theresa, on her
authorization; thank our wond'rous kind friends and allies for
fighting with us, for adding greatly to our fun and merriment, and for
helping make all our victories a possibilities; thank everyone on the
Ponte Alto heavy fighting team for fighting their hearts out all day
in the cold, wet, and mud; thank the Rapier fighters for the skill and
success adding additional glory to us all; and to every other
participant who helped contribute to our fun and effort.

I realize it is but the first melee of the season and the day was cold
and wet... but for an event in our own backyard (so to speak), we
might have been able to have provided a greater turnout in support of
our Baronial neighbors to the South.  Blackspear, Wulfshaven, and all
the other units out there will take this victory as a call to arms to
ensure we don't take home any others... so we'd best start getting
ourselves into action and out to events!  We cannot rest on our prior
good deeds, but must instead take each step forward on a path as a
spur towards further glory and renown!

I hope and pray that each of us individually and all of us together
will take this victory in the face of so low a turnout as rallying
point to start getting to fighter practices, War Musters, and events
to ensure we keep Ponte Alto moving forward.

Congratulations, and thanks again to all those participants who made
these victories possible.

In Service,

Max Von Halstern
Warlord, Ponte Alto and Tribune of the Northern Army of Atlantia