[Ponte Alto] Greetings and Well Met!

Dean A Deal d.deal.blackberry at gmail.com
Tue Jun 23 18:39:50 PDT 2009

Introductions are in order:

I am formerly Hugh de Bois of the shire Pont Alarch in England and the
barony Knights Crossing in Germany, I have returned to the society after a
very long hiatus (started in early 80's). I will reregister name/arms as
Diego Diaz de la Montana

Though I am accomplished in nothing, my interests are:

1. Fighting (not a beginner but not a thorough intermediate either-waiver
accomplished this month)
2. Fencing (old but unpracticed interest)
2. Dancing (new interest)
3. Illumination (new interest)
4. Service

In mundane life I am a program manager for Homeland Security and retired
from the US Air Force. I left the Society because of business requirements.
I also curtailed and stopped fighting due to lower back issues. I am
currently in a training program to drop some weight and improve my ability
to fight in tournament and wars. It will be some time before I feel fit
enough to partake of combat but it will give me time to gather my suite of
armor again.

Because of my profession I am frequently unable to match my work
requirements with my SCA desires. Nonetheless it is my desire to become an
integral member of the barony. I live in Oakton/Fairfax and work in DC. In
the fullness of time I would also be interested in serving as an officer if
there be need and I am sufficiently qualified.

I have been monitoring the weblist and look forward to getting to know all
in the Barony.

Thanks for your ear,

Dean A. Deal
a.k.a Diego