[Ponte Alto] Congratulations for the continuing accomplishments of the fighters of Ponte Alto!

Max Nelson maxntropy at att.net
Sat Jun 20 21:36:41 PDT 2009

At today's Storvik Novice/Challenge of the Heart Tournament, Ponte
Alto's fighters once again demonstrated that whatever moderate renown
and success we have been able to achieve through our prowess on the
melee field is also matched by our prowess in the tourney lists!

First-off, Shannon has been training hard, and absolutely impressed
those assembled during her authorization... so now her real fun can
begin!

For the third year in a row (proving, I believe, that it is therefore
not a fluke, and that it might well be on the way to a streak), one of
our novice fighters, Semja (aka Bad Chris), has won the Storvik Novice
Tournament!  He set it as a goal, has worked hard toward it throughout
the year, and earned it through his own hard work, progress, and
strength at arms!  Vivat, Semja!

Showing true Ponte Alto comradeship-at-arms, fraternity, and unity
(and looking for that prize, himself), we also had Butch (aka Dan)
place second in the tournament -- with many attendees taking note of
his strong arm and fierce demeanor.

Following her tremendously spirited and excellent effort at the Golden
Rose Tournament, our lovely and deadly Theresa also placed extremely
well in the Novice Tournament -- and received the Baronesses' award
for her Chivalry on the field (she also received a significant number
of tokens from the Dukes/Knights/Ladies during the Challenge of the
Heart Pas d'Armes Tournament).

Besides our taking first place, second place, and the Baronesses award
in Novice tournament... our own incredibly talented (and awe-
inspiring) fighting-laurel, Mistress Cunien (recognized last week at
the Golden Rose Tournament with the Pennon for "Honor"), not only
proved victorious in the Challenge of the Heart Pas d'Armes Tournament
-- receiving the greatest number of tokens from the Dukes/Knights/
Ladies -- but she was again recognized as demonstrating Chivalric
Virtue by being given one of the Pennons.  It was my great personal
honor to process with Mistress Cunien and she is truly an inspiration
and an absolute treasure.  I can imagine nobody more deserving of
either the victory or the Pennon.

Thanks to everyone who made it out and helped support the fighters in
their efforts to continue the Novice Tourney victories, and
congratulations to everyone who fought their hearts-out and who
accomplished so much!

I hope to see everyone at the War Muster tomorrow, and at Thursday and
Sunday practices!  Remember.... there's still the Pennsic Novice
tournament to win (nothing wrong with two streaks, right?)!

As e'er, I leave the announcements of non-fighting happenings to others.

In service,

Max Von Halstern