[Ponte Alto] Fwd: [storvik] Demo at the National Zoo

Grey Goose ggoose1 at gmail.com
Tue Jun 9 07:17:03 PDT 2009

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Rorik Fredericsson <baron.rorik at gmail.com>
Date: Tue, Jun 9, 2009 at 2:18 AM
Subject: [storvik] Demo at the National Zoo
To: storvik at yahoogroups.com

Greetings Fellow SCAdians,

It is time once again to turn our attentions to the National Zoo Demo.

Place: Great Meadows , National Zoo, 3001 Conn Ave NW , Washington DC

Time: Setup from 4pm to 6pm , Demo from 6pm -8:30pm

This is done as part of a kids' activity known as "Guppy Gala"

What do we would like to have there-

Fighters and a List Field - we have permission to demo combat this year as
they were so impressed by us last year. We need  fighters to do demo combat
and answer questions. We will have Marshals available.

Pavillions -  about six or seven tents would be great as we can drive up to
the setup area (within 20'), larger tents are most welcome and very showy.

Meet and Greet - SCAdians to talk to older kids and parents about our hobby
and to display their arts and garb. Warning: Your displays will be within
reach of about 5,000 children. This is no joke. Take care to protect your
stuff from wandering hands and don't bring anything that you will die over
if it is touched.

Please, bring your banners and flashy stuff but leave your live steel at
home.

We are planning the "Fire a Trebuchet" game fpr the kids so there will be a
long line there. We can waylay the parents while they wait. Between that and
the fighting we should draw a huge crowd like last year.

So, come forth and support the SCA in the Nation's Capital and see the
beasts with 2 and 4 legs!

If you get to the Zoo from the Metro definitely take the Cleveland Park stop
to save an uphill walk. When you get to the Zoo, call Syr Richard's cell
(202-437-4586) (Our Autocrat) and we'll get someone to help you. At closing
you should have no problem in getting a ride to the Metro.

If you drive, the entrance to the Zoo is on the NORTHBOUND side of
Connecticut Ave. and crossing the traffic from the southbound side of Conn.
Ave. is nearly impossible. Car pooling is encouraged. There will be Parking
Permits available at our area that will allow for closer parking to where we
are.

The Zoo will close between 4 and 4:30, but if you come in garb you should
have no problem getting in. If you are bringing a vehicle to carry your
gear, just identify yourself as being in the medieval village demo and they
should let you in or call me on the radio for your clearance. The area we
have will let us get vehicles within 50 ft of the setup area. We have a
bigger area this year and there will be a list-field.

See you on June 12, and God speed!

--
Rorik Fredericsson
Baron Storvik

__._,_.___

Change settings via the
Web<http://groups.yahoo.com/group/storvik/join;_ylc=X3oDMTJmcTU5OHM1BF9TAzk3NDc2NTkwBGdycElkAzEzNzQ5NjAEZ3Jwc3BJZAMxNzA1MTI2MjgzBHNlYwNmdHIEc2xrA3N0bmdzBHN0aW1lAzEyNDQ1MjgzOTI->(Yahoo!
ID required)
Change settings via email: Switch delivery to Daily
Digest<storvik-digest at yahoogroups.com?subject=Email+Delivery:+Digest>|
Switch
to Fully Featured<storvik-fullfeatured at yahoogroups.com?subject=Change+Delivery+Format:+Fully+Featured>
 Visit Your Group