[Ponte Alto] Practice Outdoors?

Melanie Cozad melaniesuzanne at gmail.com
Tue Jul 14 13:02:51 PDT 2009

On Tue, Jul 14, 2009 at 10:39 AM, <neacalban1 at aol.com> wrote:
> Hello,
>       as a new member of SCA, I've only recently heard much about Pennsic.
> I'd be able to go for the weekend of July 24-26 only. Any suggestions?
> thanks,
> Nikola

Hello Nikola and welcome to the SCA!

I don't want to dash your dreams of Pennsic, but if aren't
pre-registered to camp with a group, you won't be allowed to enter the
site until Sunday. While Troll is open on Friday, only Pennsic Staff
is allowed onsite until Land Grab; and then during Land Grab, only the
Land Agents are allowed onsite until the land blocks are approved.

If you can attend for only a weekend, the middle weekend of Pennsic is
the best time to go. Most of the camps are set up, merchants are open
for business, and martial activities are happening on the battlefield.

The Pennsic War website (http://www.pennsicwar.org) has lots of very
good information about what to expect at Pennsic and even a Frequently
Asked Questions section
(http://www.pennsicwar.org/penn38/GENERAL/info.html).

Cheers,
Pippa