[Ponte Alto] Aethelmearc claims they will defeat Atlantia next weekend!

Jeffrey C French jcfrench at mac.com
Mon Sep 22 20:10:11 PDT 2008

Max and the fighters of the Northern Army,
    This is indeed a grave matter of import. I worry for our friends in Highland Foorde. The warriors off Highland Foorde stood with us at Blackstone raids, aided us in the Sapphire Melees, and fought beside us as brothers at Pennsic. The least we can do as defenders of Atlantia is to stand beside Highland Foorde as they skirmish against Aethelmearc.

    Those of you who have fought with Ponte Alto or the Northern Army in any of those battles know how much fun it is. In the past, Aethelmearc has shown up with their best fighters. Flora and I must attend to matters of Atlantian court in Lochmere, but we would be most pleased if the fighters of Ponte Alto could regale us with tales of their victorious slaying of Aethelmartians this next Sunday, at the dance practice. I'm jealous of all of you warriors who will go, and quench your blades in the blood of the compass rose.

    Also, this is a chance to get together as a group, and fight a good fight. So often in practice or tourney, Atlantians must fight against each other. But here, Aethelmearc offers us the opportunity to all be brothers. This event is so close, and such fun, that there is only one thing to do... Just do it! Friday night, check your arms and armour, and throw them into your car or truck. Saturday morning, get up and drive to the event, it's so close, you can leave by 8 AM and be there before authorizations have ended. Then, you can fight all day! In the past, this has been a great event with plenty of opportunities for the glory of heroes.

http://www.sylvanglen.org/local/siege.html

Hope to hear good stories,
-Jurgen