[Ponte Alto] Felting class at TnT this weekend

Elspeth Payne ebpayne at yahoo.com
Wed Oct 22 18:18:37 PDT 2008

Learn the basics of felting! Felt your own flat pouch at Treaties Not Turks this Saturday! Class will begin at 2:30 pm - I understand there's an outdoor area with picnic tables near the Hall - if it has a cover we'll be there come rain or shine. I'll provide carded wool in some basic colors, tools to share, hot water and talk you through the process. I can take up to ten students, and more are welcome to watch.

It's a wet, soapy business, so come prepared to roll up your sleeves and tuck your clothing and shoes out of the way. We will be pouring warm water onto the picnic table and probably over it onto the ground right in front of you. Avoid wearing fabric that could be damaged by contact with water to this class!

You may wish to bring a large ziplock baggie or flat waterproof container to transport your pouch in (a flat-bottomed tupperware with no lid works fine). At the end of class your pouch will be wrung out but damp, and will need to dry for several hours or overnight. You may want to embellish it when you get it home; we'll talk about options for that in class.

Questions? Ping me or call 240-285-0632.

Event flyers are here:
http://acorn.atlantia.sca.org/event_flyer.php?event_id=0f34fb91

and here:
http://brighthills.net/events/Tnt2008.htm