[Ponte Alto] Here are the heralds of his praise!

Max Nelson maxntropy at att.net
Tue May 27 12:33:00 PDT 2008

While I am flattered and honored and humbled, and deeply, truly and
sincerely appreciate the thought and feelings behind the incredibly
kind expression (as well as the fact that people noticed the Order of
the Kraken tourney thing)... I will again stress the fact that it's
about you newcomer's progressing and about "us" as a team, a unit, and
a Baronial family.  It most assuredly is *not* about me (though of
course I and all of those involved are tremendously proud at the
accomplishments of the Barony).

I'm glad I can do my part and provide some hopefully valuable services
to help our fantastic new folks like Ru, Sian, Matthew (as well as
those who didn't fight like Kat and Sophia or the larger multitude who
didn't show-up at Sapphire, but who have been working so hard at their
skills and for the Barony) and perhaps refine the skills of some of
those who have been fighting longer.  But let's not forget all the
tremendous work of others like Sir Strykar, Aethilgar, Sir Brian,
Duncan, Cosimo, Sir Eldrid, Sir Grethferth, Sir Guy, etc...  Whatever
I do is really perhaps just a visible tip of a great iceberg of talent
and effort by us all.  I hope everyone remembers to thank them early
and often (just like voting in Chicago).

Nonetheless, thank you for the kindness and the honor.

With sincerity and hopefully appropriate humility.

Max