[Ponte Alto] Change in location for Sunday's Intra-Regional War Practice!!!

Max Nelson maxntropy at att.net
Tue Mar 11 23:10:50 PDT 2008

Deepest apologies for any inconvenience this might cause, and if you
all might make sure to pass the news along, we all will be sincerely
appreciative, but an unfortunate scheduling conflict with the McClean
Soccer Association has developed and we will be unable to hold the
Sunday Intra-Regional War Practice on 3/16 (the day after Bloodbath)
at Lemon Road Elementary as had been originally planned and
announced.  We thought of challenging them for the field, but I was
advised that a "Northern Army vs. Soccer Hooligans" melee was probably
not the best local relations we might seek, so discretion was the
better part of valor.

Instead, the War Practice will still be held, but is now being held at
Tysons Pimmit Park (the traditional site of the Sunday Ponte Alto
practices) starting at Noon (we ask everyone to try to show-up ontime
as we have a full day of practice activity planned and we will be
trying to stick to a schedule).  Those interested in A&S will still
have the indoors available at Lemon Road Elementary at 1:30 pm.  If
the weather is particularly inclement, we will not hold the War
Practice in the park, but will instead hold our regular Sunday indoors
fighter practice at Lemon Road Elementary at 1:30 pm (just so all are
prepared and informed beforehand).

Tysons Pimmit Park is located at 2026 Burfoot Street in Falls Church
besides Tysons Pimmit Library which is located at 7584 Leesburg Pike
in Falls Church (the Park is easily accessible off Leesburg Pike).

Directions: Take the Beltway to Tysons Corner and get off on Route 7
in the direction of Falls Church. Proceed about one mile (pass two
lights). The library and entrance to its parking lot is on the left.
You may park in the library parking lot or take the library access
road past the parking lot and turn left into the Peach Tree of McClean
apartment complex, proceed about a block and park on the left against
the edge of the park.

We look forward to seeing everyone who might be able to attend who
hasn't journeyed to Gulf Wars.  His Highness has asked for Atlantia to
rally to his side and join him in War at Blackstone Raids towards the
end of April as the Midrealm and Aethelmarc make war upon each other.
As citizens and soldiers of glorious Atlantia, can we fail our Noble
Prince this humble request?  Can we do other than rise-up as a great
force to bring havoc to his foes and spread dread across those foreign
lands?  Never!  Are we not Atlantia?  Did not the Grand Army of the
Potomac gain its name through death-dealing ferocity?  Let us gather
our will, rally forth to practice and train our hands to bring honor
to our Prince!

I eagerly anticipate working with you all to help bring forth a
greater Northern Army (of Darkness).

In service,

Baron Maximilian Von Halstern
Warlord of Ponte Alto and Tribunus Angusticlavus,  Legio del Tenebras
Borealis (Northern Army of Darnkess)