[Ponte Alto] Fighters in Atlantia now a-bed shall think themselves accurs'd they were not here...

Max Nelson maxntropy at att.net
Sun Mar 16 20:13:59 PDT 2008

Though 'twas not St. Crispin's day, it was the day before St Patrick's
day (close enough for government work), and those who chose to stay a-
bed instead of sallying forth in glorious support of Barony,
Household, Army, and Kingdom should indeed hold their Personhood
cheap, for yea did we raise forth a great host of grizzled and veteran
warriors who trained tirelessly and fought fiercely throughout the
long day in the bitter wind and cold with great and demonstrated
improvement in skill and capabilities of our units and Army!

Dukes Badouin and Richard; Sirs Vladimir, Tascius, Eldrid, Grethferth,
Guy, and Strykar; our ferocious Mercenary friends such as the
Galatians; and all those new and seasoned, from close and afar.  All
put forth an effort in training and fighting that shall help form the
foundation from whence shall flow the future deeds of martial victory
and glory.

Thanks to all who took the time and effort to help make the War
Practice a smashing success (pun intended).  We had over thirty
fighters in armor, working specific melee skills across a number of
drill stations and scenarios and then practicing those melee skills in
resurrection and open field battles.  There was very obvious
significant improvement in the skills worked-on through the drills
throughout the day, so significant thanks to all the fighters and
trainers who made such progress possible.  Reports-back were of a
great-time, lots of fighting, lots of learning, and lots of positive
momentum and growth of the Army.

While we missed those in our core units who could not attend, we are
extremely grateful to those who could, and are hopeful that those who
could not will make a greater effort for the next War Practice (and to
arrive on-time).  In particular, I hope the authorized fighters of
Ponte Alto, Stierbach, and Roxbury Mills will continue to make a
greater effort to turnout for Northern Army practices.  You *are* your
units and your units *need* your support!  The Army is growing and
improving and it is looking to its seasoned veterans.  *Please* make
every effort possible to show-up and put on your armor to train with
your units, as you are *sorely* missed!  Don't miss any opportunity to
become a better warrior, part of a force for mayhem and brutality for
the greater glory of Atlantia, or just to get out there and do lots of
fighting with a bunch of fun and skilled fighters!!!

Again, I would sincerely and truly like to thank each and everyone of
those who attended, taught, and trained at the War Practice and helped
make it a great success.  We will continue to hold more such practices
as the year continues, and I hope that more of Atlantia's great Army
will attend so that we may sharpen our melee skills to a damascene-
like edge to slice through enemy shieldwalls with impunity.

In gratitude and service,
Baron Maximilian Von Halstern
Warlord, Ponte Alto and Tribunus Angusticlavus, Northern Army of
Atlantia