[Ponte Alto] Fwd: [MR] Defending the Gate and Stierbach Investiture

David Chessler chessler at usa.net
Sat Mar 15 18:43:57 PDT 2008

<http://sudentorre.atlantia.sca.org/dtg7.php>http://sudentorre.atlantia.sca.org/dtg7.php

http://acorn.atlantia.sca.org/event_flyer.php?event_id=90093d02

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&hl=en&geocode=&q=5621+Courthouse+Rd,+Spotsylvania,+VA+22553&sll=37.0625,-95.677068&sspn=27.944574,66.445313&ie=UTF8&ll=38.119939,-77.769642&spn=0.006752,0.016222&z=15&pw=2

From: "Shannon D. Combs-Bennett" <sdcbennett at alumni.indiana.edu>
To: <atlantia at atlantia.sca.org>

FYI-- This was forwarded by request of the Autocrat.  If you have any
questions please email him directly at otel at cox.net

Please feel free to cross post...

As spring approaches, so does the Canton of Sudentorre's annual
Defending The Gate! This year, our event is also proud to host the
Barony of Stierbach's Baronial Investiture! Come to Lake Anna Winery on
March 22, 2008 to participate in a host of martial, A&S and other
activities. Be aware that the martial and A&S competitions will be
collectively scored in teams, with the winning team to be awarded the
Tournament of the Gate. Be sure your team is skilled in many
disciplines!

Schedule:

The site will officially open at 9:30am.

Investiture Court will be held at 10:30

open activities to follow and lunch at noon

The field activities will end at 4:00

The silent auction will end at 4:30

Evening court at 5:00

Feast will follow evening court

The site closes at 9:00

Site:

The event will be held at Lake Anna Winery in Spotsylvania County,
Virginia. Please visit our website for directions.

Activities:

Heavy & rapier fighting, hosted by Baron Turgeis and Mistress Ceridwen
to consist of a bear-pit style combat centered around defending a gate
from attacking foes, to include combat archery. A capture-the-flag style
allied champions battle will also be held (not to include combat
archery). MIT's and volunteers of all types are welcome. MOL and
authorizations will open at 9:30am. The archery competition will be
designed and hosted by Lord Mors, with group scoring adjusted for skill.

There will even be a time set aside for atlatl participation. In
addition, there will be thrown weapons and youth combat competitions.

An open A&S competition will be held with divisions for New-to-me,
Youth, General, and Open Display. Also, we will be hosting a Silent
Auction and there will be Childrens' activities.

Lunch & Dinner:

Lunch is included with your site fee and evening feast can be had for an
additional cost. Feast is limited to 100 seats, so mail in your fee
early to reserve a seat! Please visit our website for full menus.

I hope to see you all there!

Lord Otel, autocrat