[Ponte Alto] Ponte Alto Indoor Sunday Winter Gatherings & Practices

Max Nelson maxntropy at worldnet.att.net
Tue Jan 8 19:19:19 PST 2008

Hey all:

Thought I'd let you know and/or remind you again that we've managed to
secure an indoor fighting, A&S, and general hanging-out and having-fun
site on Sundays (at least through January and if it works out, through
the whole Winter), and we'd love one and all to come and join in the
fun whenever possible.

Our first Sunday event this week was a smashing success with over 20
fighters in attendance, 5 Knights, various observers, and at least 10
active participants in the Arts and Sciences room (where garb was
made, arts were pursued, and fun was had by all).

The location is the Lemon Road Elementary School (same location as the
Ponte Alto Thursday night practice) which is at 7230 Idylwood Road in
Falls Church, VA (conveniently located on VA Route 7 off the
intersections of routes 495 and 66 (see directions below).

While we have secured the site thanks to the generous donations of
several Ponte Alto individuals, donations from participants are sought
to enable continued use of the site (though if you're traveling from
afar, are a starving college student, or are otherwise indisposed, we
would much rather have you show up and join in the fun than worry
about being able to donate).

We will begin practice at 1:30pm in the cafeteria with sparring/bear-
pit, move to structured training session led by Sir Strykar, continue
with melee practice and training either outside or in the gymnasium,
and close with sparring/bear-pit by 4:30pm.

The teacher's lounge is available for our use for bardic, arts and
sciences, garb-making, and other interests and was well-attended and
well-used at our first Sunday this week.  We hope gentles will come
and mix and mingle and pursue their arts and come and mix with the
fighters as well.

Following the gathering, a large number of us typically head-out to
local eating establishments for more fun time together at dinner.

If you have any questions or problems about the practice, please don't
hesitate to email me at this or my work/blackberry email (max.nelson at gd-ais.com
) or call me on my cell phone at 703-969-1848.

We hope one and all will consider joining us on Sundays whenever
possible for some fun, some fighting, some mingling, some A&S, some
eating, and some general mayhem.  If last Sunday was any indication,
than nobody will be disappointed!

Thanks for your time, and I look hope to see you all there!

In Service,

Baron Max Von Halstern

Lemon Road Elementary School
 From Southern Virginia, Maryland and Alexandria, VA
Take I-495 (the beltway) to the VA-Route 7 East exit at Tysons Corner
labeled Leesburg Pike/Falls Church, Exit #47B. Continue on Leesburg
Pike towards Falls Church for 1.2M. Turn left onto Idylwood Road for
0.3 miles. * Turn left into the Lemon Road Elementary School front
parking lot. Those wishing to fight outdoors may park in the back of
the school. Park and enter the building through the main front
entrance on the right hand side of the building. Proceed straight
ahead to the cafeteria entrances on the left or turn left at first
hallway and proceed down hall. Teacher's room entrance is on the right.
 From Northwestern Virginia and Washington, DC
Take I-66 to the VA-Route 7 West exit for Leesburg Pike/Tysons Corner
exit #66B. Continue on Leesburg Pike under 0.1M towards Tysons Corner.
Turn right at the first light onto Idylwood Road for 0.3 miles. Follow
from * above.