[Ponte Alto] Light shield basket

Kevin Maxson Kevin at Maxson.com
Tue Feb 19 05:55:37 PST 2008

The trick, for me, is finding the right size.  While I'm not crazy
about the appearance of my plastic basket hilts, they're bigger than
most of the aluminum ones I've found.

An important thing to note for the newer fighters - just because we're
talking about lighter hilts doesn't mean that they're the best for
every purpose.  The hilt has to be balanced to the sword and to your
hand.  Some people prefer heavier hilts; they prefer to have that
counterweight in their hands.  The right balance for speed and force
is ultimately up to the user, and no one else.

--
Kevin of Thornbury, OP