[Ponte Alto] A 12th Night Gift of Generosity for the Sunday Social?

Max Nelson maxntropy at att.net
Wed Dec 24 00:36:16 PST 2008

In this season of giving, gifting, and generosity, the Ponte Alto
Sunday Socials could use your help.

While the generosity of individual contributions had largely made the
Socials possible last year, and contributed to our ability to continue
through this year with funds intact, we have not had a similar round
of donations this year.

Coupled with the very dramatic drop-off in attendance at all practices
(including the Sunday Socials) since Pennsic, the lack of individual
donations has drastically reduced the available funds to continue the
Sunday Socials through the entire Winter season, as planned.

We would very much like to counter this situation on both fronts, and
we need *your* help to do it.

First, we would love to significantly increase attendance by any and
all at our Socials (we have the art room for the Arts & Sciences (or
for those who simply wish to chat), the Scholum teaching fighting,
fighters engaging in heavy combat, dance practice scheduled regularly,
and we are always glad to make space if anyone wishes to pursue
fencing, WMA, etc...

Second, we would be extremely grateful if any kind and generous souls
might continue the tradition begun last year and perhaps make
individual donations in support of the Sunday Socials.  Such donations
could be sent directly to the Exchequer, brought to a Baronial
meeting, brought to a Sunday Social itself (my preferred method, as
we'd get folks to the Socials!), or sent in any way, shape, or form
the generous contributor thought most appropriate (within legal and
SCA-policy-acceptable bounds).

The Barony has made great strides coming together, growing, and
working together to help each other improve our skills and hone our
talents.  Our Sunday Socials provide a weekly venue for us to develop
both as individuals and as a group, and I would hate to see us lose
this fantastic opportunity to build a stronger Barony through one-
third of the year.

I hope those who are able and willing will demonstrate the generous
spirit within their hearts and support our the Sunday Socials through
whatever individual donations they find possible.  I also hope to see
you all out there on Sundays!

May you all have the happiest of Holidays and may this New Year bring
glad tidings to you and your kin.

In service,

Max Von Halstern