[Ponte Alto] Rapier at Chalice of the Sun God

afpopa at cox.net afpopa at cox.net
Thu Aug 28 12:24:56 PDT 2008

Greetings everyone.  Just wanted to whet everyone's appetite with a brief description of the rapier format for Chalice.

For this year's Chalice, we will be running a series of four consecutive bear pits.  Each pit will last for approximately 30-45 minutes.  During the first pit, all combatants will be required to fight with single sword only.  During the second pit, all combatants will fight with single and defensive secondary.  During the third pit, all combatants will fight with single and dagger.  During the fourth pit, all combatants will fight with case of rapier.

Points will be awarded for each victory in each pit.  Please note that you are *not* required to fight in all four pits to win.  All points will be added up, and the person with the highest point total will face the current Chalice Champion - Lord Connor Levingstone, the vagabond gypsy Provost.

If anyone has any questions, please feel free to contact me.

YiS,

--Marcellus