[Ponte Alto] Tuesday Night Historic Martial Arts

Scott Cozad scott at cozaddigital.com
Tue Aug 26 09:52:21 PDT 2008

We will continue classes on the study of historical martial arts at the
Stierbach (Tue night) fighter practice.

The study of Historic Martial Arts falls under A&S so anyone can come and
learn without any authorization.

The Tuesday practices are held at Prince William Fencing Academy 8440 Kao
Circle Manassas from 7-9.  There is a $5 floor fee payable to the fencing
academy.

I will begin warm ups at about 7PM.  After that some fundamental body
mechanics including footwork.  Anyone is free to join us if even only for
the warm ups and fundamental work.  If you can and want to stay on with
the historical work mores the better.

The basis for the training will be that of the masters in the Medieval
German Martial Tradition.  Following that tradition our primary focus will
be work with the sword.  Specifically the longsword but most techniques
cross over into use of the single handed sword.

Please come and bring a sword or other similar trainer.  If you don’t have
one don’t worry as there will be some available as loaners.  Additional
safely equipment is encouraged dependent on your comfort level.  Such
additional equipment might include padded backed or hard leather backed
gloves, gorget, and leather vambraces.

If you have any questions please let me know

Edward de Clare

--
Bodily exercise, when compulsory, does no harm to the body; but knowledge
which is acquired under compulsion obtains no hold on the mind.