[Ponte Alto] Lochmere 20th Anniversary and Baronial Investiture

Sarah Toich barjavel at verizon.net
Mon Aug 25 06:33:44 PDT 2008

                    Lochmere 20th Anniversary and Baronial Investiture
                                September 26-28, 2008
                                Barony of Lochmere

Twenty years ago, on the fields of Pennsic XVII, the shires of Myrkwood and
Airendale were formally united into the Barony of Lochmere by their august
Atlantian Majesties, Dafydd and Elizabeth. In celebration of that glorious
day, we invite you to attend our baronial birthday where the eighth Baron
and Baroness, Margery and Dominick, will be invested and take on the
responsibilities of leadership.

The weekend¹s activities will have something for just about everyone. For
the fighters, heavy and rapier, there will be a Bedford Points Tourney,
where the weapons form will be chosen at the beginning of each round.
Archery and Arts and Science activities will round out the day¹s competitive
events. For those inclined towards less strenuous activities, there will be
a trivia quiz covering the history of Lochmere, various A&S displays (see
below), and of course performances by Lochmere¹s music groups.

A fabulous feast will be prepared by Lady Christiana (CC Suggs),
ccs_meow at yahoo.com. Please direct all dietary questions to Lady Christiana.

1st Course
Watercress and Ricotta Tureen
Sauteed Whole Radishes
Chicken with Apples and Cider Cream
Almond Tart

2nd Course
Citrus and Endive Salat
Zucchini with Cinnamon and Garlic
Pork Loin stuffed with Prunes
Cheese and Honey Pie

3rd Course
Savory Shortcrust
Roasted Beet and Cheese Salat
Beef with Pears and Almonds
Buttered Oranges

A&S Displays and Competitions will be organized by Mistress Arianna Morgan
please direct any questions to chrissings at juno.com.
The categories include:

20 Years of Excellence in the Arts and Sciences - a display where artists
are encouraged to display a broad range of A&S projects completed during the
past 20 years.

Our display area will be organized in to several categories based on level
of recognition already received.

* Laurel
* Pearl
* Coral Branch
* Baronial Recognition (Eagle¹s Feather/Baronial Champion)
* Novice

Jack-of-All-Trades - The Minister of Arts and Sciences, Arianna Morgan is
sponsoring a competition to recognize the artisan with the most versatile
skills and prolific participation in the arts and sciences.  Judges will
consider the number and variety of unrelated items submitted and overall
quality.

Children¹s Competition - The Minister of Youths, Lady Hrosvitha is
sponsoring a competition for young artisans 16 years of age and younger.
Participants may submit one or more items in any of the arts and sciences
categories.  Judges will consider the quality of the item produced and
documentation.

  Please refer to the information below for fees, directions, and contact
information.

Cost:
Adult, Member: $ 11.00 Day-Trip / $ 8.00 Feast / $ 5.00 Cabin Fee
Adult, Non-Member: $ 14.00 Day-Trip / $ 8.00 Feast / $ 5.00 Cabin Fee
Child (5-17): $ 6.00 Day-Trip / $ 8.00 Feast / $ 3.00 Cabin Fee
Child (0-4): $ 0.00 Day-Trip / $ 0.00 Feast / $ 0.00 Cabin Fee

Please include your mundane and SCA names and address with reservations and
please inform the reservationist if you plan to have a child 4 or under who
requires cabin or feast space so we may plan accordingly.

Make Checks Payable To: SCA Inc, Barony of Lochmere.

Site Address: Elks Camp Barrett, 1001 Chesterfield Rd, Annapolis, MD 21401.
Site will open at 5pm Friday, September 26 and will close 11 AM Sunday,
September 28, 2008.

Site Restrictions: The site is wet. NO PETS, except for service animals.
Cabins are bunk style and a shower house is nearby. Pavilion camping is
allowed, but we ask no modern tents, as cabins are available.

Feast Information: A feast will be prepared by Lady Christiana (CC Suggs),
ccs_meow at yahoo.com. Please direct all dietary questions to Lady Christiana.

Merchants: You are welcome, but please no modern looking structures (i.e.
blue tarps). Send field space requests to the autocrat.

Autocrat: Sir Aelfred of Cres (Tony Toich), E-mail: ttoich at earthlink.net

Reservations: Duchess Simone de Barjavel (Sarah Toich) 7388 Sweet Clover
Columbia, MD 21045, E-mail: Barjavel at verizon.net phone 410-290-3961

Directions:
>From the West (in MD): Take the best route to Route 32 East to I-97 South.
>From I-97 take Exit 5, Route 178/Crownsville. At the light off Route 32,
Route 178 goes straight and also goes to the left. Continue straight on
Route 178 South for approx 1.8 miles. At the light, turn right onto
Crownsville Rd. Continue for approx 1 mile and turn right onto Hawkins Rd
(there is a sign for Elks Camp Barrett). Continue for approx 1.8 miles. At
the bottom of the hill, go thru the stop sign to enter the Camp.

>From the North: Take best route to I-97 South to Exit 5 and follow
directions above for those coming from the West.

>From the South: From the Capital Beltway (I-495), take Exit 19A Route 50
East to Exit 23 Route 450/Parole. Take Route 450 West and turn left at the
light in front of Annapolis Mall (this is still Rt. 450). Continue approx 2
miles. Turn right at the light onto Crownsville Rd. After 0.5 mile there
will be a blue sign for Elks Camp Barrett. Take a left onto Chesterfield Rd
and go approx 1.4 miles. The site is on your left.