[Ponte Alto] One Knight's Late Thoughts on TOC and a Little on Blackstone Raids.

guylestran at aol.com guylestran at aol.com
Thu Apr 17 11:18:35 PDT 2008

TOC is one of those must go to events for me. It is where I feel I can
go and see those unbelts who want to impress, be noticed or just meet
Knights. It is one of those places where you can get to meet the
Knights better and learn. If you are a squire and want to try to get to
that next level (whatever it might be depending on where you are at),
or if you are not a squire and are looking for a Knight to get closer
to. Or course you can do the impress and be noticed thing by doing well
in crown but everyone is focused on crown and not learning or getting
to know the fighters better.

It is also a place where I can get to see my brother Knights. We all
push ourselves at TOC. There are usually so many fighters that it is a
grueling day for us.

What do we look for at TOC? Each Knight looks for something different.
If i had to break it down I would say Fire and Prowess. Even if someone
isn't as skilled as they want to be they can still have that fire in
their belly and light in their eyes that they love this, want more and
want to take it to us. This is the fighters chance to look for and take
down Knights that might be on their "list", it is also the chance to
see what Knights might catch their eye if they are not squired.

Do we notice those fighters who are not there who we think should be?
Yup, we do, and we talk about it. We even notice those Knights who we
think should be and are not. Do we take ourselves to task over it. Yes.
We judge both.

This year there will also be a Northern War Muster the day after at the
same site. The North is very serious about War and this is just another
chance for us to practice our skills as the Hammer of the Atlantian
Army.

I look forward to everyone who can make it this Saturday; I will miss
those who can not.

Sir Guy

PS. For Blackstone Raids, the King done call very often. How cool is it
to answer that call and be able to fight at his side in a foreign land?

"Knighthood Is Only The Beginning."