[Ponte Alto] Blackstone Update

KM dreadpiratekat at gmail.com
Sat Apr 5 14:47:20 PDT 2008

Greetings!  This is an update regarding Blackstone Raid.

His Highness has requested the support of Atlantia in making a showing at
this war between the Midrealm and Aethelmark.  As the Expeditionary Corps,
we're trying to help coordinate transportation, hotel, and meals, so that as
many people as possible can attend.

Blackstone Raid will be held at the Cedar Lakes Conference Center in Ripley,
West Virginia from April 24th-27th.
www.cedarlakes.com<http://../WINDOWS/Temp/Temporary+Internet+Files/OLK167/www.cedarlakes.com>

More information on the event itself can be found at
http://www.blackstoneraid.org/

For those who are interested in traveling together, we will be arranging a
caravan to leave our area on Friday the 25th at 6:00 p.m, and arrive at our
destination just shy of midnight.  The meet-up location is Lemon Road
Elementary School (7230 Idylwood Road, Falls Church), which is the same
place that the Ponte Alto Sunday Social normally takes place.

We can arrange a secondary highway-friendly location in Stierbach to meet
people, should there be sufficient demand.

Regardless of your interest in caravanning, if you have room in your vehicle
for an extra person, or if you will need a ride to the event, please let me
know at dreadpiratekate at gmail.com so I can coordinate those who need a ride
with those who have a seat.

There are still rooms available on site, which include dormitory bunks, less
expensive motel rooms, and more expensive lodge-style hotel rooms.  We are
recommending that everyone stays on site, as this is both the most
cost-effect and most convenient option.  To reserve a room, please call the
Cedar Lakes Conference Center at 304-372-7860.  Most rooms are at least
double occupancy.  More information on room styles and prices is available
on their website:
www.cedarlakes.com<http://../WINDOWS/Temp/Temporary+Internet+Files/OLK167/www.cedarlakes.com>.
If you are looking for a roommate and have not yet found one, please let us
know so we can help.

Alternatively, there are a few hotels in Ripley.  Please contact me if you
would like more details about those.

We are planning on sharing an off-board meal together on Saturday evening,
either in or near Ripley.  I'll send out that information closer to the
event date.  If anyone is familiar with the town and has a restaurant
recommendation, please speak up!

I believe that the Logistics Corps is currently hoping to have a central
pavilion, water, and perhaps some snacks available for any and all within
the Barony to enjoy throughout the event.  We hope that central location
will help facilitate communication throughout the weekend and ensure
everything runs smoothly.

For people planning to leave early Sunday morning, please join us for
breakfast!  This will most likely take place at 8:00 a.m. at the local Bob
Evans (3 Carter Point, Ripley).  If you are interested in breakfast or would
like to caravan back, please let me know.

As noted, my email address is
dreadpiratekat at gmail.com<http://../WINDOWS/Temp/Temporary+Internet+Files/OLK167/dreadpiratekat@gmail.com>for
any questions or comments.  I check this throughout the day.

Thanks,

Kat.

Expeditionary Corps (Beneficiarius Militaribus)