[Ponte Alto] Masters of Defense this weekend!

Sarah Toich barjavel at earthlink.net
Thu Sep 6 09:31:56 PDT 2007

Masters of Defense Lochmere Baronial Birthday
Barony of Lochmere

Come one and all to join Their Excellencies, Vlad and Medb, and celebrate
the birthday of the Barony of Lochmere!

Martial Activities

In celebration of this glorious event there will be a tournament in the
style of the Masters of Defense. Combatants will fight in five forms each of
both heavy and rapier. The five forms for the heavy list will include Weapon
and Shield, Great sword, Polearm, Double Weapon, Single Sword. Rapier will
include Single Weapon, Double Weapon, Sword and Buckler, Sword and Dagger
and Weapon and Parry Device.

Please contact the Autocrat with pavilion requests and sizes. We can not
guarantee that you will be able to set up near the list field, but we will
do our best to provide a comfortable viewing area.

A&S Activities

In order to be recognized on the field from a distance, it was important to
display ones heraldic device on the shield, a pennon or other type of flag,
and even the clothing. This heraldic display evolved over the years to
include even devices carved into stone or wood over fireplace mantels or
doors, or etched or painted onto windows, or even plates and goblets and of
course clothing worn as livery.

To celebrate this birthday of our fair Barony a competition will be held
involving clever uses of the Baronial heraldry. A prize will be given for
the best, most documentable item. For any A&S questions, please contact
Master Corun MacAnndra at corun<at>medievalist.org, or 410-257-4386 (NLT
9pm).

Children's Activities

There will be a Children's Activity tent set up far enough from the list
field to keep small children out of harm's way. Lady Hrosvitha von Celle is
in charge of Children's Activities.

NOTE: A parent or legal guardian must accompany and remain with any child
brought to the Activity tent.

Please contact Lady Vitha at kerrimart<at>mindspring.com for more
information.

Feast

A savory 14th Century English feast will be prepared by Roswitha of
Suanesfeld.

Some dishes may contain wine and/or nuts; for any allergy or dietary
concerns, contact Roswitha (Jean Amann) at jnamann<at>comcast.net or
410-997-9484 (NLT 9).

Event fees      Day-Trip    + Feast         + Non-Member surcharge
Adult           $9         +$7             +$3
Children 6-17   $5          +$7

Children under 6 free*

*Parents please note that if your child takes a seat at the table during
feast the cost will be $7.

Make checks payable to Barony of Lochmere, SCA, Inc.

The Barony will also be sponsoring a fund-raising lunch at a cost of $5.00
to benefit the Baronial fighting community.

Silent Auction

A silent auction will be held during the day to raise funds for Baronial
equipment in need of replacement or repair. Please check the Lochmere
website as the event nears for further details and a list of just a few of
the items up for bids.

Autocrat

Lady Saige ferch Cedwyn (Rachel Dant),
 196 Charlotte Drive, Apt. 204,
 Laurel, MD 20724
 240-672-2761
Memoriesmaze<at>aol.com

Reservations

Lord Santiago Ruiz de Zaragoza (William Ortiz),
 10962 Trotting Ridge Way,
 Columbia, MD, 21044
 301-356-5218 (NLT 9)

Site

Trinity Episcopal Church,
 7474 Washington Blvd (US 1),
 Elkridge, MD, 21075

The site opens at 10 a.m. and closes at 8 p.m.

Beer and wine only. No pets except working animals. The site is handicapped
accessible.

Directions

>From the North: Take I-95 South to Route 100 East. Take the first Exit onto
U.S. Route 1 South. Travel approximately one mile. Trinity Church is located
on the right-hand side of the road.

>From the South: Take I-95 North to Route 175 East. Turn left at the traffic
light at the intersection of US-1. Travel approximately one mile. Trinity
Church is located on the left-hand side of the road.
--
For one human being to love another; that is perhaps the most difficult of
all our tasks, the ultimate, the last test and proof, the work for which all