[Ponte Alto] Meeting Report Lochmere's Baker's Guild

Kerri Martinsen kerrimart at mindspring.com
Fri May 18 12:07:40 PDT 2007

Well, Yeaster day we had our first official meeting of the Lochmere's
Baker's Guild (LBG)

12 loaves of bread were presented and eaten with much discussion!  We had
folks ranging from novice to weekly bakers in attendance.

After much munching there were a few decisions made:

1) Next meeting will happen June 21st at 6pm.  Please bring a "sweet" bread
to share.  We will be making the sample loaf setup again (12 loaves) to
display at Artisan's row at Challenge of the Heart that Saturday.  Bring
your Apron and your recipe for your bread!

2) Discussion of a Guild motto has started.  Current forerunners:
     LBG:  We don't DO meat.
     LBG:  Welcome to the Baker's Mofia

3) We will NOT be meeting on Sunday as a "guild".  There will, however, be
bread baking at my house on Sunday beginning around 2pm.  This will be a
beginner's class - Please come if you would like to learn the basics (what
is proofing?  What is a sponge?  What does 'slag' mean?"

See ya'll next month!

Remember- there is no such thing as bad baking - just Recipes that need to
be "tweeked".

Vitha
Lady Hrosvitha von Celle
Barony of Lochmere

(Please cross post to Bright Hills & Highland Forde)