[Ponte Alto] Youth Rapier in Atlantia

Catalina dell' Acqua akgnome at yahoo.com
Tue May 1 05:15:35 PDT 2007

Greetings to one and all from Baroness Catalina dell'Acqua, Kingdom Youth Rapier Marshal!  It is my honor and pleasure to announce that the Youth Rapier Program will be up and running as of today, May 1st, 2007.  Our rules have been accepted and signed by the Kingdom Earl Marshal, and will be published in the May Acorn   Anyone interested in reading the rules can find them at  http://yc.atlantia.sca.org/.    Please feel free to email me with any questions at akgnome AT yahoo DOT com.

The starting age will be 12 years old, and the starting weapon will be foil, with an upgrade to epee when the appropriate skill/age level has been reached.  Armor standards will be the same as adults, with the addition of a gorget for ALL participants.  Paperwork will be the same as for youth heavy combat.  Both parents and children in the youth rapier program will be required to take a short class before authorization.

We are planning a demonstration at the upcoming event Tournoi des Enfants, May 12th in the Canton of Sudentorr, and we anticipate having youth rapier at several other upcoming events. I encourage anyone who is interested in the program to come out and see the children of Atlantia start on the path to becoming members of the most feared rapier army in the Known World!

Please cross-post as necessary.

In Service to the Kingdom,

Baroness Catalina dell'Acqua

Youth Rapier Marshal