[Ponte Alto] Artisans' Row at Challenge

james barker flonzy at hotmail.com
Fri Jun 22 12:43:00 PDT 2007

Tomorrow is Challenge of the Heart and there is an Artisans' Row; any artist
can set up and work or demo during the event there will be day shades set
up. The weather is looking good and I encourage people to come out and be
creative or learn from others.

I am going to be working on shoes and pattens based on extant examples all
day; 10th century Hedeby shoes; 14th century poulaines with cut work, and
14th-15th century stacked leather pattens. Each one has different
construction methods and the pattens have hobnails if that subject interests
you. I will have books on shoes and pattens and all the tools I use to make
shoes with me if you are interested in learning how to make shoes. I have
images of the pattens and poulaines in progress on my website:

http://home.armourarchive.org/members/flonzy/HistoricalClothing/14th.htm

Baronial Artisan
James de Biblesworth