[Ponte Alto] Tournament of Chilvary 20-22 April

Sarah Toich barjavel at earthlink.net
Sun Feb 25 10:58:47 PST 2007

------ Forwarded Message
From: Sandi Rust <feo2mouse at yahoo.com>
Date: Thu, 22 Feb 2007 15:55:32 -0800 (PST)
To: <atlantia at atlantia.sca.org>
Subject: [MR] Tournament of Chilvary 20-22 April

Tournament of Chivalry
April 20th-22nd, 2007
Barony of Nottinghill Coill
  The Barony of Nottinghill Coill invites one and all to attend the fourth
Tournament of Chivalry and Baronial Investiture  on 21 April 2007, in
Bennetsville, SC.  Come join us as the young adults of Atlantia host a day
of tournaments to celebrate martial prowess, chivalry and the investiture of
Nottinghill Coill¹s new baronage..
  Martial Activities:
As the focus of martial activities, Atlantia's Knights shall challenge any
who would face them on the tournament field in a variety of weapons forms. A
small area shall also be available for those who wish to ply their skills
outside of the tournament. Though no points will be kept during the
tournament, Her Majesty and her Ladies will be casting watchful eyes upon
the field, and taking particular interest in chivalric acts. Prizes shall be
awarded for valor and prowess.
  All gentles are encouraged to display their talents in the Arts and
Sciences competitions, which will include; Best Field Presence, Period
Depictions of Knighthood and a Bardic performed & static on the subject of
chivalry .
  Saturday evening will boast a feast crafted by Talun Mac Dubhagain.
  The Site is the beautiful and verdant Camp Sandy Ridge (Girl Scouts of
America) 3681 Girl Scout Road, Bennettsville, SC 29512.
  Site Restrictions: The site is DRY. Smoking is prohibited except in
designated areas. Fires in approved fire circles only. No pets are allowed
on site. The Site opens at 5pm Friday, April 20th and closes at 12:00 noon
on Sunday, April 22nd.
  Merchants are welcome.
          Fees:

    Adult
    6-17
    5&under
      Site Fee
    $8
    $4
    $0
      Camping
    $7
    $4
    $1 (if taking a bed)
      Feast
    $7
    $3.50
    $0
  Feast space is limited, so please reserve early!
Non-members, please add $3.  To avoid confusion, example would be an Adult
member going to this event, camping and having feast would pay $22
($8+$7+$7), the same day tripping, no feast, would pay $8, everything else
is in-between that.
  Reservations: Please make checks payable to Canton of Cyddlain downs, SCA,
Inc. Send to Lord Wilhelm der Schwartze Leopard (William Rust), 3509 Lake
Ave apt 1258, Columbia, SC 29206. Email: william.rust at us.army.mil
  Autocrats: Lord Wilhelm der Schwartze Leopard (William Rust),
william.rust at us.army.mil, (803) 787-2725 NLT 10pm. Teen autocrat is Narumi
Rakeshe.

---------------------------------

  Directions:

---------------------------------

  Directions: From I - 95, points South / East: Take Exit 193 (Hwy 9)
towards Bennettsville. In Bennettsville {22.8 miles from I-95}, Hwy 9
"bypass" will turn LEFT for 2 miles, then turn RIGHT for 2 miles, then turn
LEFT at the Huddle House {27.0 miles from I-95} , staying on Hwy 9 towards
Cheraw. Turn RIGHT on Ebenezer Road {32.5 miles from I-95}, where there will
be a water tower on your left and a church on your right. Camp Sandy Ridge
is 3.3 miles on your RIGHT.
  From 1-95, points North: In North Carolina, take exit 14 (Hwy 74) west
towards Laurinburg. Approx. 26 miles from I-95 (just before 74 bypass
rejoins 74 business), take Hwy 79 south/west until you reach Hwy 9 just
outside Bennettsville, SC {approx. 17 miles} . Turn RIGHT on Hwy 9, then
turn RIGHT again at the water tower onto Ebenezer Road. Camp Sandy Ridge is
3.3 miles on the RIGHT.
  From I-20: Take Exit 116 (Hwy 15) North through Hartsville, to Society
Hill {36 miles}. In Society Hill, follow Hwy 401 towards Bennettsville (NOT
Hwy 52, which bears left). Turn LEFT on Hwy 912 {7 miles north of Society
Hill}. The turn will be immediately before the crest of a small hill where a
small gray building stands. Continue 8 miles until you reach Hwy 9. Turn
LEFT on Hwy 9 and RIGHT on Ebenezer Road, with the water tower on your left
and the church on your right. Camp Sandy Ridge is 3.3 miles on your RIGHT.
  From Charlotte, and points West / Northwest: Take Hwy 74 East to
Wadesboro, NC. Turn RIGHT on Hwy 52 South to Cheraw, SC. Turn LEFT on Hwy 9
East towards Bennettsville. Turn LEFT on Ebenezer Road {approx. 9 miles} at
the water tower. SCA signs will be posted. Please observe posted speed
limits along secondary roads.