[Ponte Alto] Proper Procedures for Financial Commitments

Max Nelson maxntropy at worldnet.att.net
Mon Dec 24 13:07:04 PST 2007

Master Tirloch:

"The Community of Fighters" is not a non-profit organization that is
capable of officially doing anything with the school -- the funds, no
matter their source, need to come from the Barony which is an official
group of SCA, Inc.

The debate has *not* been about whether the allocation of Baronial
funds and how much the Barony has to chip in per se (particularly
given the unbelievable outpouring of financial willingness by so many
individual Baronial members), but instead is solely focused on
procedure and whether the Emergency Committee can decide to sign a one-
month contract with the School -- regardless of the source of funds
and if the Barony has to pay *anything*.

After the first month, continuation of the indoor site can be
determined at a regular business meeting, but the whole discussion has
centered around whether the Committee can decide that we can use the
site in January, or if all our work is to grind to a halt for a month
and our motivation and momentum with it.

Hope that helps clarify!

In Service,

Baron Max Von Halstern