[Ponte Alto] Fwd: Please Read! Another Possible Indoor Site For BaronialActivities

mathilde at mathildegirlgenius.com mathilde at mathildegirlgenius.com
Sun Dec 23 11:21:27 PST 2007

I can't speak to the financials, nor should I as Ponte is technically not my
Barony, but I have a little experience with the social aspect.

In Nordskogen, a Barony in Northshield, they had/have access to a weekly site
for meetings. "Wednesday Nights" is the regular get together for the Barony.
The first Wednesday of every month is a garbed "folk moot" where they hold
Baronial court. The third Wednesday is always the business meeting. Every week,
rapier practice, dance, "social" practice, and heavy fighting (in the summer)
occurs.

It's a great way for the Barony to get together on a regular basis. It was a
wonderful way for a newcomer to get to know the group. The only downside is
that people who don't go to Wednesday nights are sometimes viewed as
non-participatory.

I hope something works out,
Mathilde