[Ponte Alto] Revel --- Thank yous

egeorges egeorges at cox.net
Sun Dec 16 14:07:05 PST 2007

Greetings unto the populace of Ponte Alto!

I scarcely know where to begin in thanking people for all their hard work
yesterday at Revel without a Cause.

Mistress Anne was wonderful as site liaison and worked with me tirelessly
through the day to help in running things smoothly

Lady Celia organized a wonderful program of performances

Lady Delphina did a phenomenal job with the silent auction, and those who
assisted her during the crucial end of the auction also have my gratitude.

Marie Therese stepped in to help set up high table and serve it.

His Excellency Marcellus ran a spirited chess tourney that provided some fun
to the afternoon.

Their Excellencies Storvik and their daughter (pardon me, lady, but I forgot
your name) and Sian and Rhiannon were an amazing impromptu set up crew.

The troll staff -- Flora, Courtney, Wulfwyn and Brigid, all were capable and
ran troll without a hitch.

Tirloch and his staff cooked a wondrous feast -- my god, the sauerbraten was
fantastic!  Everyone was well-fed and happy.

Those who stayed to help clean up -- Sian, Rhiannon, Mistress Anne,
Misstress Alessandra, Cassandra, and many others -- they made my life so
much easier by being so willing to get the job done.

I know that while I have singled people out there are countless others who
pitched in who I have failed to name.  Believe me, it is not intentional,
but merely the fact that there were so many that I could not possibly keep
track of them all, and many more who I am sure did their part completely
unseen.  All of you, those I remember, those I don't, and those whom I
didn't even see, all of you have my personal gratitude.

This, to me, is the glory of Ponte Alto -- that so many do so much without
being asked and without having to be supervised, for nothing more than the
satisfaction of helping out.  Being an autocrat in this Barony really is a
joy, because people are so capable and so willing to do whatever it takes to
make your event go.  Your efforts are what make this Barony great, that
afford us proud moments like we had yesterday, creating an event that was
truly enjoyable for everyone.  More than one person told me how much they
enjoyed themselves, and many from outside Ponte Alto told me how much they
wish more groups did an event like this one.

I suppose that Mel and Flora will have more exact numbers, but I can tell
you this -- our little event did well in the financial department.  My break
even numbers were based on a minimum attendance of 60 and a feast of only
40.  We sold out all 50 feast spaces.  Our attendance was over 80 people,
and the silent auction added about $400 to our total.  While I have no exact
numbers for you, I believe we did make a nice profit yesterday.  A fact
which pales in comparison to the riches we received in terms of
entertainment and enjoyment with our friends.

I know this Holiday season my Barony is definitely on the list of things I
am grateful for.  Thanks for everything.

In Service,
Luce Antony Venus
Autocrat, Revel without a Cause